Job for Senior Scientist at Amgen
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Post : Sr. Scientist – Peptide Chemistry (Bangalore)
The candidate will oversee and implement creative scientific research through conducting laboratory experiments, planning detailed procedures for defined projects including timelines, milestones, methodological approaches, expected results and necessary resources; reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting scientific data and results; providing regular updates, documentation, and/or communication on project results; collaborating with other scientists and keeping current with the field of expertise, including literature and technology development. The successful candidate will interact closely with other researchers in a supervisory, mentoring and/or role model capacity. He/She will be expected to adjust and adapt new knowledge into practice. Additional responsibilities will include participating in external scientific meetings and keeping current with field of expertise, including literature and technology development.
• Doctorate degree
• Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience
• Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experience
• PhD in Organic Chemistry
• Post graduate training or work experience in US/Canada/Europe is preferred
• Minimal 5+years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
• Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry. Ability to design & execute experiments independently and to interpret & communicate/explain results.
• Experiences in peptide synthesis and purification, peptide libraries.
• Skilled in all state-of-the art purification/separation techniques
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment.
• An ability to prioritize effectively, utilize resources efficiently and construct realistic experimental timelines.
• Attention to detail, translating into high quality results.
• Proactive, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team.
• Previous supervisory experience of 2 or 3 junior staff including junior PhDs
• Excellent oral and written skills
Experience : 5+
Qualification : B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Ph.D
Location : Mumbai
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Peptide Chemistry
End Date : 5th June, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database