Applications are invited for Research Trainee at Dr. Reddy's Institute of Life Sciences
The Dr. Reddy's Institute of Life Sciences was conceived in the context of globalization, to foster research competence in India and to bridge the divide between academic research and the pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries. The institute was incorporated as a non-profit entity under Section 25 of the Indian companies act, facilitating operational autonomy. Construction of the DRILS building comprising 44 labs and an administrative block and spanning ~130,000 sq.ft. in area, began in 2004 and was completed in January 2007.
Applications are invited for the Research Trainee Position (temporary position renewable based on trainee’s performance).
Fellowship: Rs. 20,000 per month
Duration: The duration of the fellowship is based on the funds availability, with possibility of shifting to a funded research project and registration for PhD. However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
1) Literature search.
2) Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
3) Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities. 4) Book keeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
Scope of experimental work:
• Organic synthesis, purification and analysis of organic molecules;
• Synthesis of the bioconjugates;
• Nanoparticles synthesis and surface modification;
• Recording of UV-vis and fluorescent spectra.
1) Post-graduate degree in Organic Chemistry and/or Nanotechnology or any other related branch of Basic Sciences from a recognized university/institute.
Graduate degree in a Professional course from a recognized university/institute with CSIR NET qualification
Post-graduate degree in a Professional course such as MTech, MPharm, etc
2) Candidate should demonstrate consistent academic record of minimum 60% aggregate in all qualifying examinations.
3) The candidate should be motivated and committed.
4) The candidate should be interested to work on the interface of the Basic Sciences and to learn new techniques.
B) Experience : 0-3 years in the areas of Organic Chemistry and/or Nanotechnology (with knowledge in Organic Synthesis).
C) Preferable: Candidates with prior hands-on experience in above mentioned areas.
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th May 2019 with "Dr. R. Marina’s Lab" as the subject line of the email. There will be two rounds of interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be first interviewed through skype/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
See All Other Jobs in our Database