Job opening for Junior Research Fellow at Vector Control Research Centre
VCRC is one of the permanent institutes of Indian Council of Medical Research established in 1975 at Pondicherry. A centre of excellence for research and training in vector-borne diseases and control and a WHO collaborating Centre for Research and Trainining in Lymphatic Filariasis and Integrated Methods of Vector Control.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
The following post is to be filled purely on temporary basis from willing eligible candidates in the ad-hoc research project entitled “MOLECULAR ECOLOGY OF Aedes aegypti IN INDIA: ELUCIDATING GENETIC STRUCTURE, DISPERSAL POTENTIAL AND CONNECTIVITY AMONG POPULATIONS” in ICMR-VCRC Field Station, Chinna Chokkikulam, Madurai funded by SERB-DST, Government of India.
Place of Posting : Madurai
Essential Qualification : PG degree in Life Science / Biochemistry / Biotechnology /Molecular Biology / Bioinformatics
Fellowship : Rs 25,000/- + HRA as admissible
Age limit : 30 years
Contract period : One Year
Walk-in-Interview and/or a Written Test, if the numbers of eligible candidates are more than 30, will be conducted after verification of the original certificates.
1. Candidates who wish to appear for the above can download the Application Form from the below link. Candidates are requested to fill the application form and bring all the original certificates of educational qualifications (Certificate/Statement of marks), experience certificates, Aadhaar Card, along with one set of Xerox of the same duly self-attested along with a recent passport size photograph for attending the Written Test/Interview.
2. Qualification will be reckoned as on the date of Walk-in-Written Test/Interview.
3. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee for the selection.
4. Person already in regular time scale service under any Government Department/Organizations are not eligible to apply.
5. The selected candidates will be appointed purely on temporary basis initially for a period of one year and extendable upto three years maximum or till the completion of the project.
6. Appointment may be extended depending on the satisfactory work performance as assessed by the Principal Investigator or till the validity of the project, or whichever is earliest.
7. The selected candidate will directly report to the Principal Investigator regarding his/her work progress and project related matters.
8. The service will be governed as per rules of ICMR.
9. No TA/DA etc. will be paid to the candidate for appearing in walk-in- written test or interview.
10. The selected candidate will have no claim for regular appointments in any ICMR Institutes/Centres for continuation of his/her services in any other project.
11. The selected candidate are entitled for leave as per ICMR guidelines.
12. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidate or bringing political or other outside influence with regard to selection shall be a disqualification and such candidates will not be entertained.
13. The Director, ICMR-VCRC has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
1. Candidates are required to be present at the venue in time and the Walk-in Written Test/Interview will commence after verification of all the original certificates.
2. No calculators, log tables, communication devices like cell- Phone (Mobile), Tablet/iPad etc. are allowed inside the examination hall.
3. Request for revaluation of Answers will not be entertained.
4. Candidates who resort to malpractice of any kind will immediately be sent out of the Examination Hall.
Date of Walk-in-Written Test/Interview : 31.05.2019 (Friday)
Reporting time : 09.00 A.M to 10.00 A.M (Candidates will not be entertained after 10 A.M)
(Written test/Interview from 10.30 onwards)
Venue : ICMR-Vector Control Research Centre Field Station
No. 4, Sarojini Street, Chinna Chokkikulam, Madurai – 625 002
See All Other Jobs in our Database