Career for Clinical Pharmacologist at Apollo Pharmacy
Apollo Pharmacy is a leading retail chain of pharmacy and is a unit of - Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd. - Asia's largest healthcare group. Our growing Retail Pharmacy network touches lives across the length and breadth of Indiaca and we serve 150000+ customers a day. With over 30 years of retailing experience, customer-focused service and brand value our network spans out to 3000+ retail pharmacies through which we have been serving our customers for their healthcare needs 24x7.
Post : Clinical Pharmacologist
PRESCRIPTION AUDIT AND RELATED
• Lead the prescription audit team.
• Guide the team in auditing all the indents to anticipate, prevent, and investigate medication errors of all types.
• Monitor the movement of non-formulary items and submit a report to drug and therapeutic committee periodically.
• Coordinate with doctors and suggest dose adjustments in cases of abnormal pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs.
• Coordinate with doctors and nurses and answer to queries related to proper use, storage, stability, over dose of drug and drug interactions.
• Monitor the restricted antibiotic consumption and coordinate with infection control officer.
• Responsible for maintaining crash carts, imprest stock, and disaster kits.
• Update daily routine work related to clinical pharmacology in the hospital to medical superintendent.
• If any non-formulary drugs indented, inform the same to the concerned doctors and provide formulary substitution / coordinate in procuring in case of new molecule.
• Discuss non formulary drugs used in Drugs and Therapeutics committee.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
• Conduct periodical training to ward/ICU pharmacists, Doctors and nurses (If required) to upgrade their knowledge base.
• Train and certify pharmacists in chemotherapy admixing.
DRUG & THERAPEUTIC, SAFETY, INFECTION PREVENTION CONTROL COMMITTEE, TRANSPLANT COMMITTEE AND INSTITUTIONAL ETHICS COMMITTEE
• Coordinate with doctors and forward their recommendations to drug & therapeutic committee for addition or deletion of drug from formulary.
• Coordinate with drug & therapeutic, safety and infection control committee.
• As a pharmacologist in Quality to help in interpretation of standards related to MMU and suggest frameworks/Methodologies to be Compliant with JCI /NABH and institutionalize best practices in the organization by studying and re-engineering systems.
• Oversight on the quality and patient safety program in the hospital
• To Participate in quality initiatives of the organization to meet the mission and strategic priorities of the hospital
• As a member of transplant committee, ensure availability and appropriate dose of immune-suppressant drugs.
• Analyze medication errors, near miss errors and discuss in Drugs and Therapeutics committee.
• As a member of ethics committee, provide competent review of all ethical aspects of projects and provide advice to researchers on aspects of welfare and safety of research participants.
• Is competent in HIS and also participate in HIS training program as and when required.
Updated knowledge of medicines availability, Good inter- Personal skills, Communication skills
Experience : 0-3 years
Qualification : M.Pharm
Location : Vizag
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Pharmacy
End Date : 30th May, 2018
Apply with the subject line: Clinical Pharmacologist | Current Location | Current CTC and share profile at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See All Other Jobs in our Database