Opportunity for M.Pharm candidate at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Bangalore, a premier research Centre carrying out frontier research in the biological sciences. NCBS has set up a facility for the development and application of electron microcopy (EM) technology for biology related research. These include EM instrumentation as well as sample preparation facilities.
Post: Facility Assistant
Pay Scale: As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification.
Qualification & Experience:
BE/B.Tech/M.Pharma/Masters in any biological sciences discipline with minimum one year of experience in Laboratory animal management
* Oversee the routine animal husbandry and welfare activities of animal care takers/support staff and students.
* Assist Veterinarian in providing orientation and training of new students/animal users/care taker staff in proper use of Animal facility, humane handling of animals, implement the SOPs and assist on-going research work.
* Training and Assisting the users in surgical procedures, anesthesia, analgesia, breeding and maintenance of animal colonies; weaning, sexing, tail biopsies for genotyping, producing timed pregnant females, packing live animal shipments for export, receiving live animal shipments, quarantine procedures, euthanasia etc.
* Assisting the Mouse Genome Engineering staff in various related molecular biology procedures and/or animal surgeries.
* Assist Veterinarian in the process of import and export of live laboratory animals, quarterly animal health monitoring programs.
* Record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines.
* The Animal Facility is an essential service, so selected Facility Assistant must be ready to work in shifts during Week-Ends and holidays when required as per Veterinarian’s instructions.
Find more info on Next Page...