Vacancies for Assistant Professor/Associate Professor Central University Of Punjab, Bathinda
The Central University of Punjab (CUP), Bathinda will be having the Centres as given in Table-I. The University invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Professors (Pay Band Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 10,000/-), Associate Professors (Pay Band Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 9,000/-) and Assistant Professors (Pay Band Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs. 6,000/-).
Post: Associate Professor 01(SC) / Assistant Professor 01(SC)
Essential Qualifications: As per “UGC regulations on minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in higher education 2010“ and the 2nd amendments to the regulation issued in june 2013.
NOTE: Applicants for the posts of Professors and Associate Professors are required to fill the API form strictly in the format provided by the university
- Ph.D. + NET is the minimum eligibility condition for Assistant Professor.
- National Council for Teacher Education Regulations 2014.
1. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The university reserves its right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview. Fulfillment of essential qualifications per se does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
2. Under the term ‘good academic record’ the candidate must have obtained on an average of 50% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Bachelor’s degree level or an equivalent degree from and Indian/Foreign University.
3. Medium of instruction in English.
4. Stringent criteria will be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
5. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. The right is also reserved with the university either to fill or not to fill the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
6. The University may increase or decrease number of advertised posts without prior notice.
7. Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
8. Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position in the same area of specialization.
9. Reservation Policy will be followed as per Govt. of India Rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates are required to attach the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India.
10. The process of selection may be by a presentation/ seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
11. Last date for submission of Online application form is 30th May 2016 by 1700 Hours
12. Applicants are required to send the duly signed printout of the online application form along with all the Qualification/ Experience/ Caste certificate/ proof of claim/NOC as made in the online application form & send the same to the below mention address. The printout of the online applications form along with supporting documents must be submitted by 06h June 2016 by 1700 Hours.
Central University of Punjab
City Campus, Mansa Road
Bathinda-151 001, India
13. All candidates are required to deposit Application fee on the online portal @ Rs. 750 (Rs. 250 for SC/ST/PWD) for each post they apply.
14. CUPB will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email id provided by the candidates or for delay/ non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time. Candidates are requested to regularly visit CUPB website. i.e. cup.ac.in; cup.edu.in for the information regarding.
15. Separate application (along with application fee) should be filled online for each post applied for.
16. Any change of address from the one given in the application form should at once be communicated to the university.
17. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
18. The applicants are advised to list their proposed, ongoing and completed research projects and write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue.
19. The applicant serving in Central/State Governments, Autonomous Bodies (Central/State) may be taken on deputation/contract for 2 or more years or up to the age of superannuation of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The service conditions including pay scales are as per UGC norms.
20. Retired Professor up to the age of 64 years in the relevant subject may also apply. Such candidates if selected may be paid full pay admissible to their respective rank at the minimum prescribed basic pay as per the rules.
21. The applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations must upload No Objection Certificate issued by their employee.
22. In case of in-service candidates from Private Sector, acceptance of resignation and relieving letter from the employer at the time of joining must be submitted.
23. The age of the superannuation for all the posts is as per UGC norms.
24. The university employees are covered under new pension scheme introduced by the Government of India. Those who are appointed on deputation, payment of both leave salary and pension contribution will be as per rules.
25. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in interview.
26. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
27. Competent authority can relax the qualification and experience in case of highly deserving candidates.
28. The University shall verify the antecedents/documents submitted by the candidates at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted are fake or the candidate has a clandestine /background and has suppressed the said information, his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
29. The University reserves the right to place the curriculum vitae of any person for any post for the consideration of selection committee; to consider “in-absentia” or interview through “Video Conferencing”.
30. It will be open to the University to consider, on its own, names of suitable candidates who might have not applied. Candidates shall not claim it as a right.
31. In case the candidate want to apply under certain category She / He needs to upload valid copy of caste certificate duly issued by Central Government Authority.
32. After the interview in case of selections the appointment will be provisional and is subject to the community certificate being verified through the proper channels. If the verification reveals that the claim of the candidate to belong to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) is false, his/her services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of Indian Panel Code for production of false certificate.
33. The University may/may not draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future.
34. Candidates in their own interest are advised to remain in touch with the University website cup.ac.in; cup.edu.in. They should also check their email account for updates. Issuance of notifications in the newspapers is not obligatory on the part of the university.
35. Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST categories called for interview will be paid equivalent to return single second class railway fare towards journey, expenses on productions of Ticket number/ proof.
36. In case of disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the university, the Jurisdiction shall be confined to the Court of Bathinda or Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh only.
Last date to apply online: 30th May 2016 by 1700 Hours.
Last date of receiving printouts of the online application along with all supporting documents in university: 6th June 2016 by 1700 Hours.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.