Opening for Assistant Distribution Manager in Zoetis
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience as Pfizer Animal Health, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostics products and genetics tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Post: Assistant Distribution Manager
Strategy & Policy
- Execute strategy and policy for all India distribution planning process and solution.
- Analyze SKU wise, location wise ABC analysis and establish CFA wise inventory norms.
- Co-ordinate and improve the distribution planning process to ensure despatch plans are frequent, timely, and accurate to meet defined inventory and service levels.
- Continuously evaluate the technology trends to adopt relevant distribution planning tools to improve planning effectiveness.
- Continuously evaluate new modes/ methods of transportation with to view to optimise distribution costs.
- Assist Commercial Head in developing annual budget.
- Set inventory and distribution norms for warehouse and CFA's in line with the supply chain strategy and to meet defined service levels in consultation with Sales.
- Drive continuous replenishment system for "A" class SKUs.
- Systematic analysis of abnormal demand coming from different divisions
- Develop an effective order entry and fulfillment process along with sales and manufacturing functions.
- Define norms for transporters to ensure that transportation costs and transit losses are minimized.
- Collect and analyze stock and sales information to ensure that distribution plans are effective.
- Prepare status reports on compliance for inventory and distribution norms.
- Enforce compliance on primary and secondary operations on pre-defined distribution and inventory norms.
- To improve the quality of warehouse infrastructure
- Analyze resolution of distribution issue
- Handling and issue related with CFA and resolve the issue within 24 hours.
- Identify product availability issue and work with demand manager, PGS and product manager and BU.
- Coordination with demand planner and PGS for continuous product supply.
- Net working between hub, CFA and production site
- Increase customer focus and awareness of customer needs at all customer-facing functions.
- Demonstrate and promote Zoetis global value system across all interactions
Essential: Should possess at least a Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Desirable:, Should possess a management diploma in operations from a reputed business school.
Work Experience [Please indicate relevant total work experience in any specific role]
Should possess at least 5-7 years of experience in distribution, with at least 3 out of those years working in a planning function.
Skills & Competencies [Please indicate any special skills & attributes required to succeed in this role]
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sector.
- Knowledge of distribution planning tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Quality
- Planning & Prioritizing
- Building Expertise
- Customer Service
- Drive for Results
- Time bound completion of job
(Fixed Term - 11 Months)
Experience: 5-7 Year
Qualification: B.Pharm, B.Sc
Location: Santacruz, Mumbai
Industry Type: Pharma/Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Job Reference: 12378
End Date: 10th June, 2015
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.