CSIR - Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) is a premier Institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), engaged in research of national importance in the areas of genomics, molecular medicine, bioinformatics, proteomics and environmental biotechnology.
The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a PhD degree. The broad interdisciplinary research areas are
• Genomics and Genome Editing
• Genome Informatics and Data Science
• Structural Biology
• Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
• RNA Biology and Cell Biology
• Nano Biotechnology
• Skin Biology
• Zebrafish Developmental Biology
• Stem Cell Biology
• Chemical and Systems Biology
PhD students in CSIR-IGIB are enrolled in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) and the degree will be awarded by AcSIR
• A candidate must have obtained at least 60% in their XII standard board examination. Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
• A candidate must have
• Masters (M.Sc / M.Tech / M.Pharm) with at least 60% in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/ Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology. Please convert CGPA grades to percentage. OR
• B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology) / B.Pharm / B.E./ MBBS candidates with at least 60%. Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
• An SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidate must have at least 55% in the highest qualifying exam (same as above) and in the XII standard board examination.
• Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are eligible to appear for interviews, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
• A Candidate must hold a valid (at the time of joining) fellowship certificate. Fellowship can be CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF or the equivalent).
• Fellowship conditions should allow the candidate to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects.
• B.Tech/BPharm/B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible.
• GATE score is NOT a valid fellowship criteria for MSc/MTech candidates
• Upper age limit is 28 years (as on 20th March 2023)
• Age limit is relaxed for women, SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
How to apply
1. Please register at the AcSIR admission portal (https://acsir.res.in/admissions/)
2. Things to keep handy before you start filling in the CSIR-IGIB application form
a. Your AcSIR application number (AAN) e.g. AcSIR12345
b. A digital passport photograph NOT more than 2MB in size.
c. Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
d. Fellowship details.
e. Your netbanking details or Credit/Debit card details for online payment. Application requires a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non- creamy) candidates].
f. A succinctly written research proposal (see below on how to write the research proposal)
How to write the research proposal
• The research proposal does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD.
• The proposal will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude.
• The proposal should address these points.
- Title of the proposal
- Introduction on the problem.
- What is not known?
- How do you aim to solve it?
• If needed, you can add a one-page hand-drawn/ computer-made schematic diagram
• The total proposal must be less than 1500 words (excluding the figure).
• The whole proposal (with figure) file should be a single PDF file.
Eligible candidates who completed the application form and paid the application fee would have received an email with the admit card for appearing in interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi.
The CSIR-IGIB interviews will be held IN-PERSON 19 June 2023 - 25 June 2023 At CSIR-IGIB South and North Campuses Delhi
• The interviews are aimed at assessing the suitability of the candidate for the PhD program at CSIR-IGIB.
• The candidate will be evaluated for their ability to comprehend, analyse and reason.
• The research proposal submitted with the application form will also be used to assess the suitability of the candidate for the PhD program.
• The candidates should be ready to make a short 5-minute presentation (no slides) based on their research interest and research proposal submitted.
• The names of the candidates eligible to join CSIR-IGIB PhD program will be declared on the institute website within a week of the interviews.
• The selected candidates are required to join CSIR-IGIB before the last date of joining intimated to avoid cancellation of the selection.
• Admission into the CSIR-IGIB PhD Program of AcSIR is subject to the verification of all documents ensuring eligibility. Non-fulfilment of the eligibility criteria can result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of admission process.
• At the time of admission all selected candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee (Rs 10,000 for general category and Rs 5,000 for SC/ST/non-creamy OBC candidates).
• No TA/DA will be paid at any stage of the selection or admission process
• The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Canvassing of any form and/or bringing in any influence will be lead to disqualification.
• Candidates who have already activated JRF fellowships elsewhere must furnish a consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship. Without this the candidate will be NOT be deemed eligible.
Last Date : 20 MARCH 2023 18:00
See All Other Jobs in our Database