The Department of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE) at Indian Institute of Technology Indore was initiated in 2012, with a vision of establishing a centre of excellence that will focus on human resource development and research in areas of Biosciences, Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering. The BSBE group aims to be internationally recognized in bio-related research and to produce the leaders of tomorrow, with the integrated use of training, and career development efforts to improve individual, group and organisational effectiveness in these areas. Our vibrant group of faculty members, staff and research students of the BSBE group aspires to create an ambience for the smooth pursuit of scholarly activities in research and training, leading to novel innovations, in addition to carrying out fundamental studies in life sciences.
The Department of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE) at NT Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented students for admission to its Ph.D. Program for the Autumn Semester of AY 2022-2023 as per the below-mentioned categories of admission.
Area of Research :
• Biophotonics: Sharad Lab
• Regenerative medicine: Sharad Lab
• Tissue Engineering: Sunil Lab
• Bioimplants: Sunil Lab
• Bioprocessing: Murthy Lab
• Agro-ecological systems: Murthy Lab
• Computational Biology: Parimal Lab
• Structural Bioinformatics: Parimal Lab
• Molecular Signalling: Baig Lab
• Anti-inflammatory Drug Discovery: BaigLab
• RNA/DNA Biology: Amit Lab Drug
• Target and Discovery: Amit Lab
• Biosensors: Abhijeet Lab
• Bioinstrumentation: Abhijeet Lab
• Infection Bioengineering: Hem Lab
• Host-pathogens in Cancer: Hem
• Lab 3-D Bioprinting : Avinash Lab
• Anti-TB Drug Development : Avinash Lab
Minimum Educational Qualification and Qualifying Examination
• Minimum first class* Master degree in Life Sciences, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Physics, Biophysics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship OR
• Minimum first class* M. Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical/ Biomedical/ Chemical/ Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutical Engineering with a GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship OR
• Minimum first class* Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical/ Biomedical/ Chemical/ Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutical Engineering with a valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship.
* First Class as defined by the University/ Institute awarding the degree.
Application Procedure : (for Indian Students)
• Candidates must apply ONLINE through our website. This will generate a unique application number for each applicant.
• Application Fee: Kindly refer to the main Ph.D. Advertisement of the Institute available at academic.iiti.ac.in/phdadvt.php
• After submitting the application online, the eligible candidate has to send the signed hard copy of the application along with SBI Collect receipt, recent photograph, self- attested relevant certificates (for SW candidates: NOC, experience certificate, last 3 months salary slips, and Employer's PAN card) which should reach before the date of the Interview.
• In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one department, then a separate application must be filled for each department.
• No TA/DA will be provided to the applicants if called for written test/interview.
• The shortlisted candidates should arrange to send a minimum of two letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com or provide in a sealed envelope before appearing for the interview.
• Mere fulfillment of the essential qualifications does not guarantee admission to the Ph.D. program in the Department of BSBE. The selection will be based on the overall performance, which may include an interview, academic background, suitability for research in the chosen field/area, research aptitude, communication skills, etc.
Last date of online application : 10 March 2022
Address for Correspondence :
Convener, PhD Admission Committee
Department of Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Khandwa Road, Simrol
Indore 453552, Madhya Pradesh, India.
See All Other Jobs in our Database