The Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) is the state of art of R&D wing of the Tata Memorial Centre. It is located in the picturesque settings at the foot hills of the Sahyadri mountains in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. ACTREC comprises of, the Cancer Research Institute (CRI), Clinical Research Centre (CRC) and Centre for Cancer Epidemiology (CEC), a setting that is unique in India and built and evolved with a vision to provide comprehensive cancer care to one and all, through its motto of excellence in services, education and research.
Post : POST DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
The Hypoxia & Clinical Genomics Lab at ACTREC (CSL) led by Prof. (Dr.) Sudeep Gupta solicits applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow. The PDF will lead studies to establish Patient Derived Orthotopic Xenografts and Patient Derived Cell-lines from cancer patient tissues with varying clinical phenotypes, and that will be extensively used in the laboratory for pre-clinical drug testing and in-vivo imaging. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in animal tissue culture, animal handling, and cellular assays.
Essential Qualifications and Experience :
• Ph.D. in any field of Life Science (except computational biology / bioinformatics) from a government recognized University or research institution.
• Candidates with a demonstrated experience in animal cell tissue culture and mice handling (via publications).
• Applicants with following criteria will be considered.
1. Applicants who have recently submitted their Ph.D. thesis but have not yet been awarded a formal PhD degree certificate may be considered provided they can procure a pre-degree certificate from their university for thesis submission and grant of PhD degree.
2. PhD Students who are yet to submit their thesis but have submitted their synopsis, may also apply provided they procure a NOC and a letter of recommendation from current thesis advisor – to be attached along with the application. If found suitable for this position, they may be hired at a lower pay grade commensurate with their PhD experience.
The position is tenable for a period of Six months and extendable for another Six months subject to performance review.
Consolidated Salary : Rs. 47,000 to Rs. 54,000 (+ 27% HRA) per month.
Interested candidates should pre-register by sending their application in the prescribed format with recent 2 page CV with statement of purpose (Details Appendix-1), 10 slides PPT summarising Ph.D. thesis work/research experience, soft copy of key publications, and contact details of 2 referees by e-mail to email@example.com. All correspondence should be strictly made only to “firstname.lastname@example.org” as indicated latest by 9.45 am on or before 04th April, 2022.
Candidates fulfilling the essential qualifications will be invited for a short online e-presentation and e-interview, dates and timing for which will be informed subsequently.
See All Other Jobs in our Database