The Union Public Service Commission commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India's premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India. The agency's charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services. It is also required to be consulted by the Government in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. The commission reports directly to the President and can advise the Government through him. Although, such advice is not binding on the Government. Being a constitutional authority, UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom, along with the country’s higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission.
Post : Scientist ‘B’ (Toxicology)
No of Post : 01
Vacancy Number : 22030503212
Ministry/Administration : Ministry of Home Affairs
Department/Office : Directorate of Forensic Science Services
Organisation : Central Forensic Science Laboratory
Pay Scale : Pay Level-10 (56100-177500) of pay matrix under CCS (RP) Rules, 2016. (Total emoluments excluding T.A. & HRA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs.56100/- plus DA as applicable per month)
Age : Not exceeding 35 years as on normal closing date. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/UTs Govt. Servants upto 5 years’ as per instructions/orders issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some others categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the, ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitments by Selection.
Essential Qualification : A. Educational - (I) Masters Degree in Chemistry/ AIC by examination/ Biochemistry/ Pharmacology/ Pharmacy/ Forensic Science. and
(II) Bachelor of Science Degree with Chemistry as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute.
NOTE- Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC for reasons to be recorded in writing in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
B. Experience- Three(03) years experience of analytical methods and research therein in the field of Toxicology in any Central Government or State Government organization or recognized research institute or Forensic Science Laboratory under the Central or State Government.
Desirable Qualification : Experience of working in a Forensic Science Laboratory.
Duty(ies) : Crime Scene Management, Crime Case Examination, bestow expert testimony/de’facto in the courts of law on subject matter under the provision of Cr.P.C. and Indian Evidence Act/ Information Technology Act, R&D activities on Forensic Activities and imparting training in their respective field of forensic specialization to the trainees from different investigating agencies/forensic science labs and other organizations.
Probation : 01 (One) year
Other Details : General Central Service Group-A (Gazetted) Non-Ministerial. The post is permanent.
INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES FOR RECRUITMENT BY SELECTION
1. CITIZENSHIP :
A Candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
NOTE The application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.
2. AGE LIMITS : The age limit for the post has been given in the advertisement. For certain age concessions admissible to various categories please go through the instruction regarding Concessions & Relaxations.
3. MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained. NOTE-I: The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
4. APPLICATION FEE :
(a) Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card.
(b) No fee for SC/ST/PwBD/Women candidates of any community. No "fee exemption" is available to Gen/OBC/EWS male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
(c) Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
(d) Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
1. Before filling up the Online Recruitment Application (ORA), the candidates must go through the detailed Advertisement available on the Commission's website. Please proceed to fill the online application only if you are satisfied that you possess the minimum Essential Qualifications stipulated for the post in the detailed advertisement. Otherwise, submitted application(s) shall be outrightly rejected.
2. The date for determining the eligibility of all the candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of Online Recruitment Application (ORA), unless specified otherwise.
3. The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars in the Online Recruitment Application carefully as submission of wrong information may lead to rejection through computer based short-listing apart from debarment by the Commission.
4. The candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail address in the online application as any Correspondence will be made by the Commission through e-mail only. The candidates are also advised to refer to website of the Commission for regular updates of the recruitment cases.
5. The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for a particular post. However, if they submit multiple Online Recruitment Applications for one post, then they must ensure that the Online Recruitment Application with the higher 'Application Number' is complete in all respects including fee, wherever applicable. The applicants, who submit multiple Online Recruitment Applications, should note that only the Online Recruitment Application with higher 'Application Number' shall be considered by the Commission and fee paid against one 'Application Number' shall not be adjusted against any other 'Application Number'.
6. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
7. The candidates are not required to send the printouts of their online applications to the Commission. However, the Application will not be treated as finally submitted unless and until it is available under 'My Finally Submitted Application' Tab before the closing date and time. Please retain a print out of your finally submitted online application (complete with Payment Details, if not fee-exempted applicant) as a proof of submission of your application to the Commission, whenever required.
8. All candidates whether in Government service or in Government owned industrial or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online directly to the Commission. Persons already in Regular Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity other than casual/adhoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis would be required to submit a declaration, whenever asked by the commission, that they had informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department while applying for this selection.
9. The candidates belonging to OBC (Creamy Layer), i.e., who have marked their Creamy Layer status as 'YES' in ORA are not entitled to reservation admissible to OBC candidates and they will be treated at par with "UNRESERVED (UR)" candidates. Similarly, benefits of reservation to OBC/SC/ST category will be admissible only when post is reserved for them. If post is not reserved for their respective category, they can apply against unreserved vacancy and in such case they will be treated at par with "UNRESERVED (UR)" candidates for all the purposes.
10. The prescribed Essential Qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for recruitment test/interview.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ORA) THROUGH ORA WEBSITE IS 23:59 HRS ON 31.03.2022
THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE APPLICATION IS UPTO 23:59 HRS ON 01.04.2022
See All D.Pharm Alerts B.Pharm Alerts M.Pharm Alerts Government Jobs
See All Other Jobs in our Database