National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. The Government of India has declared NIPER as an 'Institute of National Importance'. It is an autonomous body set up under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for a post of Junior Research Fellow under a project entitled “Azoxymethane/Dextran Sulphate Sodium Induced Colitis associated Colorectal Cancer in mice: Studies on Single and Combined exposure of PARP-1 and NLRP3 Inflammosome Inhibitors” sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST), GoI, New Delhi [GP-451] under Prof. G.B. Jena, Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, NIPER, SAS Nagar. The position is purely temporary, initially for one year, which is extendable based on the performance of the candidate and is strictly co-terminus with the duration of the project.
Minimum Qualification : M.Sc./ M.S.(Pharm.)/ M.Pharm. in Biochemistry / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Pharmacology and Toxicology / Regulatory Toxicology / Zoology / Life Sciences. Research experience in animal handling and different tissue level analysis are desirable. Minimum CGPA of 6.75 (or 60% marks) for General category, 6.25 (or 55% marks) for SC/ST, 5.75 (or 50% marks) for physically handicapped (PH) candidates on a 10 point scale is required in the qualifying examination.
Candidates are required to qualify the National Level Test such as CSIR-UGC NET/GATE or any other National Level Examination conducted by central Govt. Depts and their agencies and Institutions.
Area of Research : Colorectal Cancer (experience in animal handling, molecular base techniques related to in vivo cancer model).
Age limit : 28 years (age relaxation for SC/ST/PH is as per GoI rules). The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India issued from time to time).
Fellowship : Rs. 31,000/- p.m. (No HRA, Hostel accommodation will be provided).
Online interviews will be held on 23rd March, 2022 (Wednesday) from 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm. Shortlisted candidates will be sent the link for joining the interviews by email.
The candidate(s) who fulfil the eligibility criteria should send the scanned signed application form (in .pdf format) at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] by 16th March, 2022 (Wednesday) on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees / certificates, CV etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form. Latest passport size photograph and the proof of payment of prescribed fee payable through NEFT in the Institute’s Bank is also to be attached.
Application fee for General and OBC category : Rs.500/-
Application fee for SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates : NIL
Details of the Institute’s Bank are:
Account Name : Director, NIPER, SAS Nagar
Name of the Bank: State Bank of India, NIPER Branch, Sector-67, SAS Nagar-160062
Bank Account No.: 55034549623
IFSC Code: SBIN0004421
• Candidates are required to attach the valid proof of deposit of the prescribed application fee with the application form. The application form received without valid proof of deposit of the prescribed application fee will be summarily rejected and no representation/request shall be entertained in this regard.
• Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials if selected, failing which the offer will stand cancelled. The original certificates / degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
• Candidates with incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprints of relevant publications/thesis or project report, without photographs, signature and prescribed fee) will not be interviewed.
• Age relaxation / reservation policy for SC / ST / OBC / Ex-Servicemen / PWD etc will be as per the Government of India and Institute rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
• In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for the post may be relaxed by the competent authority.
• The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / written test / interview or any other process as decided by the competent authority.
• The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
• CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
See All Ph.D Alerts M.Pharm Alerts B.Pharm Alerts MBA Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database