National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) was founded by Sir Robert McCarrison in the year 1918 as ‘Beri-Beri’ Enquiry Unit in a single room laboratory at the Pasteur Institute, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. Within a short span of seven years, this unit blossomed into a "Deficiency Disease Enquiry" and later in 1928, emerged as full-fledged "Nutrition Research Laboratories" (NRL) with Dr. McCarrison as its first Director. It was shifted to Hyderabad in 1958.At the time of its golden jubilee in 1969, it was renamed as National Institute of Nutrition (NIN).
Applications are invited from eligible candidates through e-mail for the following post under the project entitled “Novel cancer stem cells induced in vivo/in vitro model to assess the potency of micronutrients as anticancer agents: A mechanistic approach”. Funded by ICMR.
No of vacancies : 1 Post UR
Essential Qualifications : Graduate in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Pharmacy form recognized university with three years work experience from a recognized institute,
Master's degree in the Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Pharmacy.
Desirable : Master’s in Pharmacy with cell culture work experience.
Age* : 30 years. Age relaxation is admissible as per ICMR guidelines.
Cons. Emoluments : Rs.31,000/- p.m. fixed without any allowances.
Tenure : One year
Place of work : ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad.
Terms and conditions:
1) The above positions/posts are on temporary contract basis.
2) The Director & Appointing Authority has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
3)* Age relaxation is admissible in respect of Retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects) and Ex-Servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons. Age, qualifications, etc., will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of applications.
4) The appointment can be terminated with one-month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
5) Since, the posts are temporary; the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment at ICMR-NIN or continuation of his/ her services in any other project.
6) Other allowances like CCA, LTC, Medical Claim and PF are not applicable.
7) The results of the final selection will be placed on NIN website only. No intimation will be sent by e-mail or phone.
6) The recruited project staff is eligible for leave as per project recruitment rules/guidelines and will have to give an undertaking before joining.
8) At the time of joining duty, the candidates should bring all original certificates of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), Experience, Aadhaar Card, Community and PH Certificate (if applicable) for availing age relaxation, passport size photograph along with one set of photocopies of the certificates duly attested (can be self attested) for verification.
9) The conditions of employment will be the same as that of the project staff on contract basis.
10) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
Note: The Candidates should mention the Post Name and Advt. No. in the E-mail Subject. All the documents including Application should be merged in one file. Resumes/ CV without Application will not be accepted.
Selection Procedure : After verification of the applications, the names of eligible candidates list will be displayed on the official website nin.res.in. Interviews will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates through online (Video call/ Video-Conferencing) to select suitable candidate in later course. The candidates have to make their own arrangements for Video Call/ Video-Conferencing facilities for Online Interviews. The link will be sent to the shortlisted candidates for online interviews. The applicants are advised to visit our website regularly for any updates and changes in the recruitment process.
See All Other Jobs in our Database