The mandate of research at NCBS is the study of biology. To realize our goals of understanding living systems, we understand that research problems need to be approached from a variety of directions. We therefore have recruited, and actively encourage applications from researchers with a variety of backgrounds in the natural sciences, mathematics and computer science. Biological problems not only require multiple approaches for their solution, but also need researchers of varied expertise to collaborate. Collaboration at every level—within NCBS, within the country and internationally is strongly encouraged.
Post : Mouse Genome Engineering Facility Assistant
Qualification & Experience required
• BE/B.Tech/ M.Pharma/ Masters in any biological sciences with prior experience and expertise in molecular biology techniques. Prior experience in handling laboratory mice/rats, knowledge/experience in transgenic / knock out techniques and technologies is desirable. Excellent organization, recordkeeping, and English communication skills are essential.
Pay Scale : As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification
Age limit : Below 35 years as on 01-01-2021
Job Responsibilities :
• Generate, isolate and purify recombinant DNA constructs for generating transgenic mice
• Perform pronuclear microinjection, blastocyst injections, embryo transfers and survival surgeries
• Colony management, post-surgical animal monitoring and care
• Perform CRISPR-Cas9 targeted gene editing in mouse embryos
• Coordinate and participate in the daily operations of the mouse genome engineering facility providing rederivation, In Vitro Fertilization, genotyping, Mouse sperm and embryo cryopreservation and breeding services
• Accurate recording keeping as per Standard Operative Procedures.
• Communicating project status and results with clients.
How to apply:
Interested applicants may apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing
Updated CV/resume AND a MANDATORY one-page COVER LETTER written by the candidate describing your background and the reason and interest for applying to this position. Please note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
Last date to apply : 03-03-2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database