The National Institute of Research in Tribal Health (NIRTH), Jabalpur is one of the 30 health research institutes working under the aegis of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Sprawling in a lush-green 44 acre campus located in the state of Madhya Pradesh - the heart of India, ICMR-NIRTH is surrounded by thickly-forested tribal dominated areas, and is the only publicly funded organization dedicated to research on health of tribes of the country.
Name of the project : “Efficacy and safety of ACT for the treatment of uncomplicated plasmodium falciparum malaria in India-2020-2021” – For a period of 6 months
Project Scientist-B (Non-Medical) 1 Post:- SC
Essential qualification : First class Master degree in Life Sciences from a recognized University/ Institute. Or Second class M.Sc. + Ph.D. degree in relevant subject from a recognized University
Desirable qualification : Two- year R&D/ Teaching experience in relevant subject after obtaining essential qualification. Candidates with the knowledge of Bioinformatic applications (Swiss model, Modeller, Prime) for modeling of protein structure will be preferred.
Upper Age Limit : Not exceeding 35 years. Relaxable up to 5 years for SC Candidates.
Consolidated monthly pay : Rs. 50,000/-
Work Responsibility : To plan, co-ordinate and execute research relevant to antimalarial drug resistance and malaria diagnostic in malaria endemic region, analyze data, write reports and suggest appropriate intervention/s.
Project Research Assistant- 3 Posts- OBC-1, UR-2
Essential qualification : Graduate in Life Science from a recognized university with three years research/field work experience from a recognized Institutions or Master’s degree in Life Science subject.
Desirable qualification : Research Experience in Malaria related field work, diagnosis using molecular tools in a government, autonomous, PSU, recognized organization. Hands on experience in other molecular techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, PCR and electrophoresis etc. Knowledge of computer applications. Candidates with the knowledge of Bioinformatic applications (Swiss model, Modeller , Prime) for modeling of protein structure will be preferred.
Upper Age Limit : Not exceeding 30 years. Relaxable up to 3 years for OBC Candidates.
Consolidated monthly pay : Rs. 31,000/-
Work Responsibility : 1.To carryout field activity, enrolment and follow-up of malaria patients.
2.To carryout molecular diagnosis of malaria using PCR and DNA sequencing.
Terms & Conditions
1. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
2. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee selection.
3. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organization are not eligible.
4. Candidates who will be interviewed online, if they are selected will have to produce original documents of their qualification age and experience before joining. If they are not found entitled, their selection will be cancelled immediately.
5. Candidates are advised to keep looking at the website of this Institute for any change, result or any other information.
6. Departmental candidates or candidates working/have worked on project of ICMR Institutes/ Centre’s shall be given age relaxation to maximum of five years or a completed months/year based on earlier project services, whichever is less, they meet the essential qualification and experience prescribed for the post, with a view to provide them opportunity to compare with other candidates.
7. If the candidates of reserved category are not available, appointment will be made from the candidates of other categories as per the recommendations of the selection committee and future vacancy will be filled from the candidates of relevant categories.
8. Age relaxation against post earmarked for reserved candidates will be as per Govt. of India Norms. No relaxation will be allowed in unreserved posts.
9. Age will be reckoned from last date of receipt of application i.e. 07/04/2021
10. Above post is contractual for the duration offered may or may not be renewed subject to satisfactory performance and requirement.
11. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
12. Stipend/consolidated emoluments of the project positions may vary from time to time
13. No TA/DA will be paid and candidate has to arrange transport/accommodation themselves for discussion meeting.
14. The Director, ICMR-NIRTH, Jabalpur reserves rights to consider or reject any application/candidature.
15. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
16. Appointment on project consultant mode is purely temporary and candidates shall have no claim for regular appointment either in ICMR-NIRTH, Jabalpur or ICMR or any organization of Govt. of India.
17. Leave shall be as per the ICMR policy for project staff.
18. The number of vacancies may vary according to requirement at later stage. 19. Please give the details of two responsible person of your locality or two references to whom you are known.
20. No accommodation can be provided for the shortlisted candidate.
21. Addendum/corrigendum of this advertisement will not be published in newspaper. Please refer to the Institute website (nirth.res.in) in this regard.
22. Any matter for which no specific instruction has been given shall be decided by ICMR-NIRTH, Jabalpur and the decision shall be final and binding on the candidate.
Interested candidates possessing the required qualification and experience may download application from and send it along with detailed CV and all relevant documents via e-mail to email@example.com latest by 07/04/2021 (17:30 hours):
Late/delayed/incomplete applications will be summarily rejected without any intimation. After scrutiny, shortlisted candidates will only be called for interview, through video conferencing. ICMR-NIRTH, Jabalpur reserves the right to cancel/modify the recruitment process at any time, during the process, at its discretion.
The decision of the Director of this Institute will be final and binding. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
See All Other Jobs in our Database