Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah Cancer Institute (BBCI) was set up by a voluntary organization called 'Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Society Trust'. Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah (4th September 1893 - 25th September 1956) was a great physician, freedom fighter and philanthropist of Assam. In 1958 at a public meeting in Guwahati, a decision was taken to set up a cancer hospital at Guwahati to commemorate the memory of Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah. Late Debendra Nath Sarma was the Founder President and Late Dr. Kanak Chandra Borooah, illustrious brother of Dr. Bhubaneswar Borooah was the Founder Secretary.
Applications are invited for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in a ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) sponsored research project "The Non-canonical estrogen receptor repertoire in breast cancer: towards refined disease classification and therapeutic decision" at Dr B. Borooah Cancer Institute (BBCI), Guwahati. The position is temporary and on contractual basis. The appointment initially will be made for one year.
Duration : 1 Year
Salary : Rs.31,000 + HRA as admissible
Eligibility : Candidates holding Master’s degree with 60% aggregate or more [55% for SC/ST] in the subjects of Biotechnology / Microbiology/ Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Cancer Biology and other relevant branches of Life sciences Candidate must have qualified NET / GATE or similar other national level exams after post-graduation degrees
Desirable : Candidates having experience in molecular biology techniques
Duration : Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable upto 3 years solely based on the performance.
l. Interested candidate should submit his/her application as per the attached format with all the details of academic qualification and experiences (if any). Please mention your E-mail ID, contact number and complete postal address along with your application.
2. The short listed candidates will be informed through E-mail about interview. Please note that the appointment to be made is purely temporary and for the duration of the project. There is no right for claiming any regular appointment in the BBCI or ICMR.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or at the time of joining the post, if selected.
4. The application should be submitted in prescribed application format in PDF format along with CV (Include at least two academic referee name) to : email@example.com
5. The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF in ICMR project.
6. Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview.
7. The applications received after the last date will not be considered.
8. Application without signature or incomplete in anyway will not be considered.
9. Last date for the receipt of applications is 11th March 2021 (Thursday) upto 5:00 PM.
10. The list of eligible candidates for appearing in the interview for the above posts will be published in the BBCI website on 15th March 2021. No separate call letter will be issued to the candidates for appearing in the interview.
11. Please note that canvassing / bribing in any form will be a disqualification and would lead to cancellation of candidature.
Last date for the receipt of applications is 11th March 2021 (Thursday) upto 5:00 PM
See All Other Jobs in our Database