Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications from candidates for admission into Ph.D. Program
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013, the date on which its first Director was appointed. The institute is currently operating from its transit campus at Habitat Centre, Sector-64, Phase-X, Mohali, Punjab. The new campus of INST would be set up on 35 acers of land in the Knowledge City at Sector-81 (Mohali, Punjab), next to IISER Mohali campus, which is very near to new Chandigarh International Airport.
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program in several areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for the session beginning in August, 2020.
M.Sc. in (Physics / Chemistry / Material Sciences / Life Sciences) / M.Pharm / M.Tech. in Basic, Applied Sciences or Engineering and related areas
Qualifying Examination : GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE/ GPAT. Students registered with IISER Mohali for their BS-MS program can apply as per IISER Mohali's norm.
Application Fees : The aforesaid application documents should be accompanied by a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 590/- for General/OBC or Rs. 295/- for SC/ST/PH drawn in favor of Director INST, Mohali (payable either at Mohali or at Chandigarh). Please mention your name on the reverse of the DD.
• The hard copy of application with the following documents should be sent to "The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Habitat Centre, Phase - 10, Sector - 64, Mohali, Punjab-160062" so as to reach on or before due date:
(a) Photograph duly pasted on the application form
(b) Application fees
(c) Self-Attested photocopies of Certificates/Testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications (Mark Sheet, Degrees & Certificates of class X and above)
(d) Experience certificate in case of working candidate
(e) Self-attested photocopy in support of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category (Should be Valid)
• The envelope containing the application form should superscribe "Application for the Ph.D. Program - August 2020".
• The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded to the Institute website and communication will be sent to candidates via email address provided by candidate.
• The candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class rail fare or Non-AC Bus Fare (on production of ticket) from place of residence to Institute and back.
• The candidate are advised to visit the Institute website (www.inst.ac.in) frequently to track the latest developments.
Applications from interested students should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier/ By Hand, by 10th APRIL, 2020. Applications received after this date shall not be entertained in any case.
See All Other Jobs in our Database