Career for Senior Research Fellow at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences
Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) is a not for profit Research Institute with a mission to be the preferred research partner to the pharma and life sciences industry. DRILS focuses on original research and advancement of relevant skills, with emphasis on solution-oriented interdisciplinary research both for solving unmet needs as well as process innovation.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Applications are invited for Senior Research Fellow (temporary position coterminous with the project) position in a DBT recommended project titled “Understanding the functional role of co-activator binding protein PIMT in adipogenesis and obesity”
Fellowship : Rs. 35,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 43,400) per month for three years.
Duration : The duration of the fellowship is for three years. However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
1) Literature search.
2) Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
3) Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
4) Book keeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
Scope of experimental work :
• Cell culture, transfection of cells and analysis by western blotting, qPCR, ChIP, ELISA, microscopy etc
• Molecular biology techniques and viral transfections etc
• Handling and dissection of rodents
Essential Qualification : Post graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course and a minimum of 2 years research experience (must), selected through any one of the following:
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility tests-CSIR-UGC-NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B. The selection process through national level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRD, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc
• Minimum 2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology. Candidates with prior hands-on experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques will be given priority. Experience with dissections and immunohistochemistry would be an additional advantage.
Personal attributes :
• The candidate should be motivated, committed and should be able to work in independently and in teams.
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd March 2020 with "DBT-PIMT Project" as the subject line of the email. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. Selected candidate is expected to join within a week of offer.
See All Other Jobs in our Database