Women Scientists Scheme - C flagship programme for Pharmacists by DST
Women Scientists Scheme (WOS) is a flagship programme of KIRAN Division of Department of Science & Technology (DST). Through one of its components- ‘Women Scientists Scheme-C (WOS-C)'- it provides one year on-the-job training in the area of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Patent Facilitating Centre (PFC) of Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) has been entrusted with implementation of WOS-C.
• Women with Indian citizenship
• Minimum essential qualification : Master of Science; Bachelors in Engineering/Technology or equivalent
a) Proficiency in handling computerized database, collection, collation, analysis and report preparation,
(b) Basic understanding of various IPR aspects & issues with logical aptitude towards scientific developments across the world and experience in research, preparation of project reports, term papers and similar activities.
The duration of the online examination will be 2 hours and total questions will be 120. The questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ type).
Question Paper will have 2 Sections of 60 questions each, namely Section A (General Section) and Section B (Technical Subject Section). Section A will be common for all. Section B will be different for different candidates as per their subject stream. Candidates will be able to view Questions in Section B based their subject stream The Section-wise details are given below:
Section A (General Section) : This section will have 60 questions common to each paper to be attempted by every candidate. These questions will be on General Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, Mental Ability, General Science and General Awareness, IPRs and English language.
Sections B (Technical Subject Section) : This section will have 60 questions of 10+2/UG/PG degree level with a suitable mix. These questions will be from following technical subject domains:
(1) Chemistry and Chemical Sciences
(2) Food, Drugs & Pharma
(3) Life Sciences & Biotechnology
(4) Mechanical, Production, Industrial Engg, Civil Engg, Structural Engg, Construction Engg, Transportation Engg, Material Science Engg
(5) Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation & Biomedical Engg
(6) Computer Science/ Engg, IT and Information & Communication Technology
(7) Others (Science & Engg /Technology subjects not covered in above domains)
1. Chemistry & Chemical Sciences- 20
2. Drugs, Food & Pharma- 14
3. Life Sciences & Biotechnology- 15
4. Mechanical, Production, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engg, Structural Engg, Construction Engg, Transportation Engg, Materials Science Engg- 10
5. Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation & Biomedical Engineering- 28
6. Computers & Information & Communication Technology- 18
7. Other Areas (Only Science Related Subjects)- 15
Age : 27 - 45 years as on 20-03-2019
a) Women in permanent position are not eligible to apply and
b) Those who have already undergone training (partially or fully) in any of the earlier batches or those who are undergoing training in the ongoing batch are not eligible to apply.
Duration of Training : 1 Year
MSc in Basic or Applied Sciences / B.Tech / MBBS or equivalent : Rs. 20,000/- pm
M.Phil / M.Tech / M.Pharma / MVSc or equivalent : Rs. 25,000/- pm
PhD in Basic or Applied Sciences or equivalent : Rs. 30,000/- pm
Applications should be submitted through online mode only.
Last Date for Online Submissions : March 20, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database