Women Scientists Scheme - A flagship programme for Pharmacists by DST
The "Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A)" for research in basic and applied sciences has been evolved in this context, by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for providing opportunities to women scientists and technologists between the age group of 27-57 years who desire to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists. Through this endeavour of the Department, a concerted effort would be made to give women a strong foothold into the scientific profession, help them re-enter into the mainstream and provide a launch pad for further forays into the field of science and technology.
(1) Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS]
(2) Chemical Sciences [CS]
(3) Life Sciences [LS]
(4) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS]
(5) Engineering & Technology [ET].
This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for Ph.D. or equivalent)), Rs. 25 lakh (for M.Tech / M.Pharm or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years. This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
1. Persons already in employment need not apply.
2. Women scientists, less than 27 years of age are not eligible.
3. Candidates who are registered in Ph.D and receiving any fellowship are not eligible to apply.
4. Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 30,000/- PM.
5. Women scientists, with M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can also apply. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs.40,000/- PM.
6. Women scientists having Ph.D. Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences will be entitled for fellowship of Rs.55,000/- PM.
Minimum 2 years of break is required after Ph.D award.
See All Other Jobs in our Database