Work as Lead Clinical Pharmacist atAdventist Health System | San Marcos, Texas
Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Post : Lead Clinical Pharmacist
• Works with the Pharmacy Director to develop and implement clinical programs within the hospital
• Provide training and education to pharmacy, nursing and medical staff
• Participates in Clinical Nurse Orientation
• Participates in Diabetes Support Group Meetings.
• Receives, reads and interprets prescriptions and doctor’s orders
• Checks for overdoses, legal correctness, incompatibilities, allergies, etc.
• Interacts with prescribers and provides appropriate, evidence based drug information to assure appropriate use of medication.
• Monitors and manages patients when requested by physicians via clinical consult orders including but not limited to glycemic management, antibiotics and anticoagulants.
• Provides education, drug information and clinical support to pharmacy staff, patients, clinical and medical staff. May also include drug supply issues, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations with regarding drug controls.
• Attends clinically focused committee meetings including but not limited to, Patient Safety and Care Transitions, Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
• Works with Director of Pharmacy and MD Chair of Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee to prepare agenda and newsletter and performs Drug Usage Evaluations.
• Oversees 340 B program audits also works with pharmacy director to assure program compliance
• Answers questions and provides information concerning such subjects as drug incompatibility, drug availability, adverse reactions and contraindications
• Provides discharge counseling for patients identified by care transitions and/or other clinical staff
• Provides timely information with regards to drug supply, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls. .
• Performs medication reconciliation on patients with home medication regimen.
• Provides pharmacy director with reports, data and any other information as needed.
• Precept pharmacy students and interns from programs associated with the hospital
• Pharm.D. (Doctor of Pharmacy) from an accredited pharmacy program.
• 2-3 years’ hospital pharmacy experience
• 1-2 years’ clinical pharmacy experience
• Current license as a pharmacist in the state of Texas.
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Clinical Lead
End Date: 25th April, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database