The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) was established in January 1935 with the object of promoting science in India and harnessing scientific knowledge for the cause of humanity and national welfare. The foundation of the Academy, earlier known as the National Institute of Sciences of India (NISI), was the outcome of joint endeavours of several organizations and individuals and the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) playing a leading role in this regard.
Applications are invited for the following positions, purely on contract basis (co-terminus with the project) in the project “India-UK Energy Demand Reduction in the Built Environment Programme involving India‟s Department of Science & Technology (DST) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), as part of the Research Councils UK (RCUK)” programme, hereinafter will be referred as ‘Project’, on payment of consolidated remuneration indicated below:
Programme Associate – 02
(1 will be stationed at Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi and 1 will be stationed at Department of Science & Technology (DST), New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016) on consolidated remuneration of Rs. 40,000.00 per month;
Age Limit : Not exceeding 35 Years (as on 01.03.2018)
Educational Qualification : Ph.D. Degree in Basic Sciences / Life Sciences / Engineering / Pharmacy from any recognized University or Institute. Candidates who have submitted their thesis can also be considered.
Executive Assistant –02
(1 will be stationed at Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi and 1 will be stationed at Department of Science & Technology (DST), New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016) on consolidated remuneration of Rs. 20,000.00 per month.
Age Limit : Not exceeding 32 Years ( as on 01.03.2018)
Educational Qualification : B.E. / B.Tech or equivalent in any discipline from any recognized University or Institute
Find More Info Go Next Page...
1. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying. The prescribed essential qualifications and experience are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle any candidate to be called for Interview. In the event of number of applications being large, the Academy reserves the right to shortlist and restrict the number of candidates to be called for Interview on the basis of higher percentage of marks Or on the basis of higher educational qualifications and experience than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement Or any other method as decided by the Academy. The decision of the Academy will be final and binding on the Candidates.
2.These positions are purely contractual. Candidates selected will be engaged on contract basis initially for one year extendable maximum upto 4 years depending upon their performance for smooth administering and managing the above mentioned fellowship programme. The engagement will automatically stand terminated if not extended and will be co-terminus with the Project. The engagement can be terminated by the Academy at any time without any reason whatsoever. The candidates selected will have no right to claim for continuation or for regular employment either with Department of Science & Technology (DST) or with Indian National Science Academy (INSA).
3. The engagement is on full time basis and the candidates engaged will be required to attend the office on all the working days, or on holidays, if required, on account of exigencies of work, for which no additional remuneration will be paid.
4. The persons engaged shall not be entitled to any allowance such as Dearness Allowance, Residential Telephone, Transport Facility, Residential Accommodation and Medical Reimbursement etc. No TA/DA shall be admissible for attending the Interview or for joining the assignment.
5. Candidates must apply in the prescribed application form which should be downloaded from the Academy’s website: insaindia.res.in. Applications received in any other format / form shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence shall be made in this regard.
6. The age, qualification and experience shall be reckoned as on 01.03.2018.
7. Candidates are required to possess a valid active email ID and Mobile Number which is to be filled in the application form correctly and legibly. Intimation to shortlisted candidates for Interview will be sent through email only. The Academy will not be responsible for bouncing of any email sent to the candidates.
8. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category should submit separate application forms.
9. The number of positions may increase or decrease as per requirement of the Academy. The Academy reserves the right not to engage for any or all the positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
10. Applications received incomplete in any respect, wrongly filled-in or unsigned or without supporting self attested photocopies of educational certificates, mark sheets, age, caste certificate (wherever applicable) and experience certificate (wherever applicable) or without photograph will not be entertained in any case.
11. Selection Procedure: Shortlisted candidates shall be called for Interview to make an assessment for selection. All communication shall be made through the email ID only given by the Candidates. Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Interview.
12. The envelope containing the application form must be superscribed as “Application for engagement as Programme Associate / Executive Assistant on Contract Basis”.
13. The last date for the receipt of applications is 20 March 2018. Applications received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
Applications in the prescribed format with necessary self attested documents may firstname.lastname@example.org sent to Deputy Executive Director-II (F&A), Indian National Science Academy, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002 so as to reach the Academy latest by 20 March 2018 (5.00 p.m.).
See All Other Jobs in our Database