Municipal Corporation, Shimla has decided to initiate an Internship scheme from 15th December 2015. Municipal Corporation internship scheme 2015 seeks to engage Indian Nationals, who are undergraduate/Post Graduate or Research Students enrolled in reputed University/Institutions within India and abroad, as ‘Municipal Corporation, Shimla Interns’. These ‘Interns’ shall be attached with various departments of Municipal Corporation such as Project cell, Road and buildings, Water & Sewerage, Information Technology, Architect Planning, Accounts, Legal, SJSRY, Tax, Estate branch, Heath & Waste, General Administration and other projects being undertaken by Municipal Corporation Shimla from various funding agencies.
The ‘Interns’ would be expected to supplement the engineering, project management and technical cum managerial aspects within Municipal Corporation Shimla which would also involve empirical data collection and analysis and collation of in-house and other information. For the ‘Interns’ the exposure to the functioning of the Government of India, shall be an add-on, in furthering their career interests. The institutions interested to empanel themselves with Municipal Corporation Shimla for regularly recommending internship students, may send the request for empanelment to the below mentioned address.
Internship/training program for students at Municipal Corporation Shimla & empanelment of Institutions.
The main features of the internship shall be:
1. The intern shall be issued with an experience/internship certificate after successfully completing the internship and submitting his/her project report.
2. The internship shall be on unpaid basis and shall be available throughout the year.
3. Students undertaking degrees/diplomas in the following or similar courses, i.e. Architecture, Civil. Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environment, Disaster Management, Biosciences, Pharmacy, Computers/IT, Management, Social work, Transport, Urban planning, Law, Finance & Accounts and BA, having an interest to work in one or more functional departmental areas of Municipal Corporation shall be eligible. Under Graduate students, having completed/awaiting results of 2nd year of their course, post graduate students and research students shall be eligible to apply.
4. The application for Internship shall be accepted throughout the year and Municipal Corporation Shimla shall be engaging the students as per its needs.
5. The students would be designated a reporting officer under whose supervision they shall carry out their internship.
6. The internship shall be purely temporary in nature and shall range up to 6 months, extendable on mutually agreeable basis.
7. Applications for Internship shall be submitted at the office of Assistant Commissioner, Municipal Corporation Shimla, Old Judicial Complex, Near DC Office, The Mall, Shimla - 171001, or through email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (Web-site: shimlamc.gov.in)
Municipal Corporation, Shimla
Government Of Himachal Pradesh
See All Other Jobs in our Database