The Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, popularly known as the acronym 'TANUVAS', blossomed on 20.09.1989 as the first Veterinary University of the country, through the Tamil Nadu State Government Act 42 of 1989. The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college on 01.10.1903, when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College). It was the only veterinary college in the erstwhile composite Madras State till mid 1950’s.
Post : Project Assistant
Applications in the given proforma is hereby invited from eligible candidates for the position of Project Assistant on short-term and purely contract basis at Veterinary College and Research Institute, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
Educational Qualifications :
• Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Biotechnology/ any discipline of life sciences with First class or equivalent are eligible to apply.
• Experience of working in molecular biology, HPTLC and HPLC is desirable
Title of the Project : Alternative to antibacterial: Development of phytosome loaded polyherbal extracts for treating necrotic enteritis in broiler chicken
Age limit : 21-45 Years (Relaxation as per rule)
Job Description and Desired knowledge
In this project, the selected candidate will be working on :
• Crude extraction and finger print analysis of active compounds using HPTLC
• Synthesizing and characterizing the phytosome loaded polyherbal extracts (PPHE)
• Safety evaluation of PPHE in laboratory animals
• Gene expression and biochemical analysis of biological samples
• Quantitative PCR analysis
• Phytoactive compound assay using HPLC and its pharmacokinetics The proof of expertise in the form of research articles/publications need to be submitted
Emoluments : The consolidated emoluments of Project Assistant will be Rs.20,000/- + 8% HRA per month. No other allowance will be payable.
Duration of the Project : Up to 31st March, 2026 or completion of the project whichever is earlier.
Selection Procedure : The applications received shall be screened and shortlisted based on their qualifying academic performance as per assessment criteria. In case of large response, a written examination shall alsobe conducted for shortlisting of eligible candidates. The shortlisted candidates will be selected through tthe process of interview.
General Terms and Conditions
• No T.A/D.A. will be paid for appearing in the Exam/ interview.
• Age will be reckoned from the date of Advertisement.
• Initial engagement of Project Assistant will be for one year which will be extendable for two more years (01 year at a time) subject to requirement of the services of the Project Assistant in the organization and satisfactory performance of the candidate
• The income tax or any other tax liable to be deducted as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting payment of monthly salary.
• The above positions are purely on temporary basis. The engagement will not constitute a regular job or appointment of any nature in TANUVAS/DBT and selected candidate will not be entitled for any claim for regular appointment/absorption in TANUVAS/DBT in future.
• ‘No Objection Certificate’ and ‘Experience Certificate’ is required from the employer, in case the candidate is employed.
• If any candidate is found to have submitted false claims at later stage, his/her candidature will be summarily rejected, and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
• Canvassing in any form will liable to disqualify the candidature. The Principal Investigator’s decision will be final and binding in all respects.
• Selection will be made as per the norms of ASRR, TANUVAS
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT annexed, via e-mail, to the Principal Investigator (email@example.com) of the project along with their complete Curriculum Vitae , e-mail ID, mobile numbers (WhatsApp), landline numbers, etc. (along with scanned copies of their credentials) on or before 20th June 2023. Only Short listed candidates will be informed through email/ phone for attending the interview.
Last Date of submission of application : 20.06.2023 at 5:00 pm
See All Other Jobs in our Database