Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (HIMSR) situated in Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi, aims to expedite its scope in life sciences & health domains and provide excellent medical education. The institute is supported by HAHC Hospital that provides outstanding healthcare at an affordable cost with over 740 beds. It has 2 blocks- Block A and B- that provides tertiary level medical care. HIMSR has been nationally recognized as an institute that demonstrates a high standard of Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Medical Education. According to NIRF ranking 2020, it has been ranked 22nd in the Medical category.
Post : Clinical Pharmacist (Quality Cell) - 01
Qualification : Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Doctor of Pharmacy or other advanced degree highly preferred.
Relevant experience : 2 – 4 years of experience in Clinical Pharmacy in a Hospital. Completion of PGY-2 Specially Pharmacy Residency is preferred. Knowledge of contemporary hospital /clinical practice and service.
Salary : 25,000 to 30,000/- negotiable as per experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• To understand and audit the variance in Prescriptions, restricted abbreviations usage.
• To implement the Antibiotic policy and usage guidelines of Restricted Antibiotics prescription in Hospital.
• To facilitate pharmaceutical care services, direct patient care programs medication utilization systems within assigned services and care areas to assure drug utilization activities are aligned with patient care needs, evidence-based best practices, and regulatory standards.
• To designs and implements stewardship activities and restriction/surveillance programmes.
• Tracks and evaluates assigned pharmacy programs for operational, quality, and financial efficiency and routinely benchmarks against local and national best practices.
• Actively identifies practice related issues which require evaluation and facilitate clinical research projects quality improvement initiatives, or healthcare provider education as needed to advance practice.
• Develops and oversees policies and procedures for drug purchasing drug usage drug distribution, and drug control.
• Assures pharmacy is an integral part of the health-care delivery system and facilitates enhancement and expansion of pharmacy services/ programmes.
• Maintains proficiency in decentralized pharmacy services and clinical pharmacy programmes.
• Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for documenting adverse drug reaction, medical device related adverse event and medication errors.
• Work as an active member of multidisciplinary team and collaborates with healthcare providers within decentralized patient care areas to provide patient-centred care.
• Identifies high-risk patients and implements interventions to improve quality and safety.
• Makes appropriate evidence-based, patient-centred medication recommendations.
• Participates in the management of medical emergencies
• Provides discharge medication review, reconciliation and counselling as appropriate.
• Maintains proficiency in hospital computer systems and medication ordering systems.
• Provides accurate, safe, timely and appropriate medication therapy based on patient age and needs.
• Completes critical patient monitoring and reviews patient profile/chart to identify, prevent or mitigate drug-related problems, improper drug or dose selection, sub therapeutic dosage, over dosage, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, failure to receive drugs, untreated indications medication use without an indication and treatment failures.
• Communicates effectively and appropriately with healthcare providers and caregivers (physicians, nurses, etc.) and assures continuity of pharmaceutical care between shifts and among staff.
• Actively participates in stewardship activities and restricted medication programs.
• Maintains proficiency and actively engages in operational programs, central dispensing pharmacies, satellite dispensing pharmacies and specialty pharmacy areas as appropriate for job assignment.
• Facilitates specialty medication procurement, ordering and dispensing procedures including but not limited to chemotherapy, parenteral nutrition, controlled substances, etc. as appropriate for assignment.
• Oversees pharmacy operations and technician practice/ activities.
• Identifies, designs and implements improvements in the medication-use system to advance patient safety, maximize therapeutic outcomes or control costs.
1. The Institute reserves the right not to fill-up the vacancies if the circumstances so warrant and to call only short-listed candidates for test/ interview.
2. Candidates called for interview will have to come to the place of interview at their own expenses and bring with them their original all documents certificates etc. for verification.
3. The following documents should be sent on email id: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 17.06.2023 at 4 PM alongwith following :
(i) Bio-data (highlighting personal details, academic records, teaching and research experience) in prescribed form.
(ii) Self-attested copies of certificates & testimonials in support of qualification and experience.
4. Candidates are advised to give specific, correct, full information. All original certificates/documents in support of information furnished in the Biodata are to be produced at the time of verification of documents, failing which the candidate will be Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
5. Documents received after the closing date will not be entertained.
6. Any canvassing, directly or indirectly, by the applicant will disqualify his/her
DOCUMENTS NOT IN CONFORMITY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE WILL BE REJECTED AND NO CORRESPONDENCE SHALL BE ENTERTAINED IN THIS REGARD.
See All Other Jobs in our Database