National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. The Government of India has declared NIPER as an Institute of National Importance. It is an autonomous body set up under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
Post : Junior Research Fellow OR Senior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for a post of Junior Research Fellow OR Senior Research Fellow under project titled “Multifunctional ylides yielding novel masked synthons in construction of privileged heterocyclic scaffolds: A rational integration with target-based anticancer drug discovery” sponsored by SERB project [GP-447] under Prof. Sankar K. Guchhait, PI & Department of Medicinal Chemistry.
Essential qualifications : M.S.(Pharm.) Natural Products / Traditional Medicine, Medicinal / Pharmaceutical Chemistry, or M.Pharm. Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, medicinal / pharmaceutical chemistry, M.Tech (Pharm.) Process Chemistry, M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) with at least one year of research/industrial experience for JRF. For SRF, at least two years experience as JRF as per SERB guidelines.
Desirable qualification : Experience in organic synthesis including isolation and characterization of small organic compounds, heterocycles synthesis, new methodology development.
Age Limit : 28 years
Fellowship : Fellowship would be provided as per SERB and sanction in the project.
For JRF: Rs. 31,000/- p.m. + HRA, as applicable.
For SRF: Rs. 35,000/- p.m. + HRA, as applicable.
Duty : The appointed fellow will be responsible to do research and experiments as per the sanctioned project under the guidance of Dr. Sankar K. Guchhait, PI of the project.
Nature of assignment : Full Time.
Offer of JRF OR SRF Position : The criteria would be considered as per guidelines of SERB.
Tenure of the post : The position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year, extendable further based on performance of the candidate. The completion date of the project will be 03.12.2023.
The candidate(s) who fulfil the eligibility criteria should send the scanned application form (in .pdf format) at firstname.lastname@example.org All these documents need to be mailed to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th July, 2022 (Monday) on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees / certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with latest passport size photograph and the proof of payment of prescribed fee payable through NEFT in the Institute’s Bank.
Application fee for Unreserved and OBC category : Rs.500/-
Application fee for SC/ST/PWD/female candidate : NIL
Account Name : Director, NIPER, SAS Nagar.
Name of the Bank : State Bank of India, SCF No.32, Phase -X, Sector- 64, SAS Nagar-160062
Bank Account No.: 55034549623
IFSC Code: SBIN0004421
• Candidates are required to attach the valid proof of deposit of the prescribed application fee with the application form. The application form received without valid proof of deposit of the prescribed application fee will be summarily rejected and no representation/request shall be entertained in this regard.
•. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials, if selected, failing which the offer will stand cancelled. The original certificates / degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
• Candidates with incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprint of important publications, without photographs, signatures and prescribed fee) will not be interviewed.
• Age relaxation / reservation policy for SC / ST / OBC / Ex-Servicemen / PWD etc will be as per the Government of India and Institute rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
• In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for the post may be relaxed by the competent authority.
• The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / written test / interview or any other process as decided by the competent authority.
• The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
• CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
The virtual interviews (On-line) will be held on 14th July, 2022 (Thursday) from 3.00PM onwards.
See All Other Jobs in our Database