The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar is an autonomous Institute of National importance set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers by an Act of Parliament, to impart higher education and undertake advanced research in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Technology and Management.
The Institute intends to fill the posts of Assistant Professors, one in each below mentioned discipline in Pay Level 12-A (Academic Pay Level) as per 7th CPC (Pay Range Rs. 1,01,500-1,67,400) on direct recruitment basis.
Disciplines & Category
Pharmaceutical Analysis - UR
Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology) - UR
Medicinal Chemistry - *EWS
Pharmacology & Toxicology - SC
Natural Products - OBC
*Other category candidates may also apply against the EWS category vacancy. These candidates will be considered for the post as an UR candidate, only if EWS category vacancy is otherwise not filled due to nonavailability of a suitable candidate belonging to EWS.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
ASSISTANT PROFESSORS : Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching / research / industrial experience with published work of high quality.
1. PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS : Strong background of chromatography and spectroscopy, including principles and applications of sophisticated hyphenated techniques (LC-MS, ICP-MS, GC-MS, NMR, etc.). Proficiency in analytical (including bioanalytical) method development, method validation and pharmacopoeial analysis is desirable. Industry experienced applicants are expected to have indepth knowledge of principles of quality assurance, quality control, GLP and stability testing. All candidates should be familiar with Indian as well as International regulatory quality guidelines.
2. PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY (BIOTECHNOLOGY) : Strong background in biochemical engineering/biotechnology/applied molecular biology/chemical engineering/bioprocess engineering/ fermentation technology / mammalian cell culture / plant cell culture / enzyme technology with a thorough understanding in molecular biology/recombinant DNA technology / high cell density fermentation etc.
3. MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY : The candidate should be well versed in all aspects of Medicinal Chemistry including organic synthesis, chemical biology, bioorganic chemistry. Preference will be given to candidates with working experience in drug discovery projects during and after Ph.D. (established in the forms of patents/publications/industrial experience). Experience in design and synthesis of bioactive compounds will be preferred.
4. PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY : The candidate should have published research work in high quality well recognized journals in the area of drug metabolism/ immunopharmacology / infectious diseases / receptor pharmacology/ pharmacokinetics with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching / research / industrial experience. Candidate should have demonstrative leadership in in vitro and in vivo pharmacology and hands on training in the areas of flow cytometry / patch clamp technology / confocal microscopy / transgenic animals.
5. NATURAL PRODUCTS : Post-doctoral research experience in Ayurvedic and allied sciences. Experience in Rasashastra/Dravyaguna/Ayurvedic pharmacy (formulations), pre clinical/clinical evaluation of traditional medicine formulations, AYUSH Pharmaceutical Research, Standardization of herbal drugs/traditional medicine formulations using modern techniques with markers. A candidate with Ayurveda / traditional medicine experience will be preferred.
The faculty of NIPER shall be entitled to Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement Facility and other allowances as applicable to NIPER faculties. In addition, the faculty of the Institute shall be given the following special allowances to help them in their professional development.
Membership of professional societies/procurement of journals : Every faculty member shall get 50% subsidy on the cost of membership or of the journals upto a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year.
Book Allowance : Every faculty member shall get a book allowance upto maximum of Rs.5,000/- per year. The books shall ultimately form a part of the Institute’s Library accession.
Contract research & consultancy : The Institute encourages the faculty members to undertake consultancy work or work on sponsored projects.
1. Candidate of only Indian nationality can apply for these posts.
2. The maximum age limit and eligibility conditions shall be counted as on closing date for receipt of applications.
3. Qualification and experience required for the post should be in the relevant field / area / department / centre / facility for which the posts have been advertised.
4. All appointments under Direct Recruitment are regular in nature on temporary basis with an initial probation period of two (02) years the same shall be confirmed depending upon satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
5. The post advertised shall accrue all benefits at par with Central Government Employees. In addition to the usual pay and allowances as admissible vide 7th Pay Commission; other benefits such as Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement Facility, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowances, Telephone Expenses reimbursement etc. are also available as per NIPER Acts and Statutes.
6. The applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government / Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous organizations must send their application (in the prescribed format) along with relevant documents ‘Through Proper Channel’. Such applicants are required to send advance copies of their applications but their candidature shall only be considered in case their applications are received through proper channel within 15 days of closing date of receipt of applications.
7. In case of applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government / Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous organizations, while forwarding the applications, certificate to the effect that the officer is clear from vigilance angel and there is no disciplinary case pending or contemplated against him/her is required to be furnished.
8. The vital information like designation, organization, previous employment profile, scale and band of pay and grade pay, type of pay scale like Central Government (CDA) or Industrial (IDA) and equivalent CDA in case of later, nature of duties etc. must be given in full, failing which the application may be summarily rejected without any further follow up, whatsoever.
9. The applications received in response to advertisement shall be scrutinized by a committee and only short listed candidates shall be called for selection process. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for written test/interview. The Institute reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for written test/interview.
10. In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for a post may be relaxed by the Competent Authority.
11. The detailed description about nature of duties performed and being performed are mandatory to be mentioned, failing which application(s) may not be considered. If required, an additional sheet may be attached.
12. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post(s) or reduce/increase number of posts or vacancies at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
13. The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / written test / interview or any other process as decided by the Competent Authority.
14. Decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility of the candidates and selection process would be final and binding upon all the candidates and no correspondence or personal inquiries shall be entertained.
15. Application forms are available at the Institute’s website <niper.gov.in>. The candidate(s) who fulfill the eligibility criteria, may submit the application(s) on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees/ certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with latest passport size photograph and prescribed fee, as mentioned below, in the shape of Demand Draft favouring Director, NIPER payable at Mohali/Chandigarh.
i. for post under direct recruitment for Unreserved and OBC category: Rs. 1000/-
ii. for SC/ST/PWD/female candidate: NIL
16. Under direct recruitment, in case application is received without / less prescribed fee or demand draft is found not in favour of Director, NIPER or not payable at Mohali/Chandigarh, the application shall be rejected and no further correspondence in this regard shall be made / entertained.
17. The application(s) must be submitted as per prescribed application format including signed supplementary format(s) of synopsis and brief duties format and other information. The applications not in the prescribed format and not accompanied by the synopsis sheet shall be outrightly rejected. The synopsis duly filled in shall also be send (in .pdf format) through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprint of important publications, without photographs, signatures and prescribed fee) will be out-rightly rejected.
19. Age relaxation / reservation policy for SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen/PWD/EWS etc will be as per Government of India and Institute rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
20. As per EWS guidelines, if vacancy earmarked for EWS cannot be filled up due to non-availability of a suitable candidate belonging to EWS, such vacancy for that particular recruitment year shall not be carried forward to the next recruitment year as backlog, hence, other category candidates may be allowed provisionally to apply for this post, subject to condition that they will be considered for the post as an UR candidate, only if EWS category vacancy is otherwise not filled.
21. Candidates on direct selection shall be governed by New Pension Scheme of Central Government made effective from 01-01-2004.
22. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview, failing which the interview will not be allowed. The original certificates/degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
23. The names, addresses, occupations, contact numbers and email IDs of three referees must be given in the application form. They should be Reporting Officer(s) and/or Employer in the previous and present employment(s) and should be familiar with the nature of duties.
24. Request for change of mailing address or e-mail address during the process of recruitment will not be entertained under any circumstances.
25. No interim enquires / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
26. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
27. The institute will NOT be responsible for non-receipt of application(s) within the stipulated date due to any postal delay/loss of application/document sent in transit. Late receipt of applications may not be considered. However, competent authority reserves the right to condone the delay.
28. Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria may submit their application on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials in an envelope super-scribing the post applied for “_________________”. The completed application forms should be sent to:
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (NIPER),
SECTOR-67, S.A.S.NAGAR (MOHALI)-160062
29. The last date for receipt of application forms is 26.07.2021 (Monday) [15 days extended period i.e. upto 10.08.2021 (Tuesday) is allowed for the candidates from abroad].
30. Applications received after expiry of the last date or otherwise found will not be entertained.
31. In case a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post/mode the candidate shall have to apply separately & fill prescribed application form separately and sent the same in separate envelops along with the requisite fee, wherever required.
See All M.Pharm Alerts M.Sc Alerts B.Pharm Alerts Mohali Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database