Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
The following positions, under the research project “COVID-VaTSU: Establishing a COVID Vaccine Trials Support Unit at JIPMER, Puducherry” funded by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), in the Dept, of Medicine. JIPMER are to be filled on purely temporary basis for a period of 89 days (extendable up to 1 year). Panel of recommended candidates shall be shortlisted after online interview of eligible applicants.
Pharmacist (1 Post)
1. Bachelor degree in pharmacy with 5 years of experience
Master in pharmacy Desirable
• Additional training in industry- sponsored clinical trials, GCP training (to produce certificate)
Pay : Rs. 31,000/- per month consolidated
Upper age limit : 35 years
Clinical trials coordinator (1 Post)
Qualification : Essential
1. Bachelor degree in life sciences with 2 years work experience in clinical trials
2. Well versed with procedures for communication with sponsors & ethics committee, and good documentation practices.
• Additional training in clinical trials, industry-sponsored clinical trials, GCP training (to produce certificate), recruitment of subjects in clinical trials
Pay : Rs. 32,000/- per month consolidated
Upper age limit : 35 years
1. Valid email id and mobile number is mandatory. Applicants will have to log into their email account to submit the application.
2. Selected applicants should bring along original certificates in support of his/her age, educational/ professional qualifications, experience etc., two recent passport size color photographs and one set of self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents at the time of joining. Copies of the same need to be submitted at the time of application, failing which he/she will not be allowed to participate in the interview.
3. Validity of the shortlist will be for six months from the date of publication and renewable accordingly.
4. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an institute of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
5. Qualification, experience, other terms and conditions may be relaxed/altered at the discretion of the principal investigator.
6. Upper age limit may be relaxed as per Govt, of India rules (five years for SC/ST and OBC candidates).
7. Leave entitlement of the appointee shall be as per the ICMR leave policy governing extramural / short term research projects, as amended from time to time.
8. The assignments are purely on contract basis for the period specified above. This appointment will not vest any right to claim by the candidate for regular appointment or permanent absorption in JIPMER, Puducherry or DBT/BIRAC or for continued contractual appointment.
9. Consolidated salary of the post may vary from time to time. No other allowance/facilities other than consolidated salary shall be extended.
10. No hostel or any other accommodation will be provided by the Institute / Principal Investigator.
11. Decision of the selection committee will be final.
12. No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview.
13. Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
14. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
15. Appointee is expected to conform to the rules of conduct and discipline as applicable to the Institute employees.
16. If performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the principal investigator, appointment can be terminated at any time without prior notice.
17. The appointee may request to be relieved from the job position by giving 30 days prior notice or salary in lieu thereof.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications online on or before 10/06/2021. Online interviews are tentatively scheduled during 15.06.21 to 19.06.2021, and the exact date and time will be notified to eligible applicants through email. Selection of candidates to various posts will be based on the recommendations of the selection committee.
See All Other Jobs in our Database