Manipal Academy of Higher Education is a globally engaged institution with active partnership with more than 220 leading universities around the globe. Our relations with institutions, government agencies and organisations in study, research and service provide faculty and students access to world-class institutions, experiences and resources.
The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Project Assistant to work under the DBT, India Ramalingaswami fellowship funded research project titled “Identification of epigenetic, transcriptional and behavioral mechanisms engaged by schizophrenia and related neuropsychiatric disorders using Drosophila as a model” in the laboratory of Dr. Pavan Agrawal at the Centre for Molecular Neurosciences, KMC, Manipal. The project will utilize cutting edge machine vision and machine learning pipelines along with genomics and Drosophila biology to gain fundamental insights about brain function.
Post : Project Assistant
Eligibility & Desirable qualification:
• Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s in engineering or Master’ degree in Life Sciences focused on computational biology.
• Coding skills including either R/Python/MATLAB are mandatory. Demonstrable hardware skills such as ability to build Raspberry Pi or Arduino projects, electronic circuit boards, 3D printing and handling machine vision pipelines are preferred.
• Candidates with prior experience in Machine vision, Bioinformatics or bioengineering will be preferred.
• Candidate needs to be highly motivated, self-starter and a team player who can work in a highly collaborative and inter-disciplinary environment including neuroscience researchers, clinicians and engineers.
• The candidate should be highly organized and be able to manage multiple priorities. Other duties as assigned.
Remuneration : Rs. 25,000 per month + HRA (as admissible).
Duration of the post : 1 Years+ (eligible for extension based on performance)
Eligible candidates may apply with a detailed CV along with contact details of minimum two referees on or before July 15, 2021 with the subject line “Project Assistant-DBT-RLSMolecular Neurosciences” by email to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail about the interview date.
Deputy Director - HR
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Madhav Nagar, Manipal 576104
Udupi, Karnataka, India
See All Other Jobs in our Database