The history of Jamia Hamdard begins with the establishment of a small Unani clinic in the year 1906 by Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed, one of the well-known practitioners of Unani System of Medicine of his time. Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed had a vision of making the practice of Unani Medicine into a scientific discipline so that Unani medicines could be dispensed in a more efficacious manner to patients. He gave the name Hamdard to his venture which means sympathy for all and sharing of pain. His illustrious son, Hakeem Abdul Hameed, carried forward the philosophy and objectives of Hamdard in independent India.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the below mentioned posts in school of Unani Medical Education and Research on Regular/Contractual Basis as mentioned therein.
Post : Assistant Professor (Pharmacology)
No. of Post(s) : 01 (Contract basis)
(I) Essential qualification -
(i) A Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) from a University or its equivalent as recognized under UGC/Pharmacy Council of India
(ii) A Post-Graduate Pharmacy degree (M. Pharm.) in the Pharmacology as recognized under UGC/Pharmacy Council of India
(II) Desirable :
(i) Ph.D. Degree in Pharmacology
(ii) Good knowledge of Urdu.
Age : not more than 45 years.
Other Terms & Conditions
• Mere fulfilment of the minimum qualification and experience shall not entail a candidate to be short-listed for the interview.
• Jamia Hamdard may laydown criteria in order to short-list candidates to meet the academic and research quality standards. Shortlisting of candidates may be done on the basis of API score, if applicable, as per UGC/Regulatory Bodies norms.
• Jamia Hamdard reserves right to increase or decrease number of the vacancies and also may not fill up the few or all the vacancies as it may deem necessary in view of emerging circumstances. Jamia Hamdard may consider the candidature of the candidates who did not apply, if found suitable.
• Counting of past services and experience will be as per the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018 and other provisions adopted by Jamia Hamdard, if any, in this regard.
• Interview/interaction, if required, may also be conducted online.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to outright rejection of the applications.
• Depending on the recommendations of Selection Committee, University may take a decision to appoint the selected candidate either on regular or contractual basis.
• Incomplete applications in any respect will not be entertained by the Jamia Hamdard.
• No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
• All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/ Deemed to be University/ Regulatory Body approved Autonomous Institution (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
• The applications for the position(s) may reach the office of the Assistant Registrar (Faculty Recruitment), Establishment Section, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi – 110 062 on or before 25th June, 2021 through speed post/registered post/courier only, superscribing on the top of the envelope, the post applied with the subject, advertisement number & date. The application must accompany a fee of Rs. 1,000 (Rupees one Thousand only) drawn in favour of “JAMIA HAMDARD” payable at New Delhi. The application without the valid fee will not be entertained.
• Applications received after the last date will not be considered and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
• Candidates are advised to visit the website of Jamia Hamdard on regular basis (Jamiahamdard.edu) for updates, amendments, corrigendum (if any), will be placed on the Jamia Hamdard website only.
NOTE : Applications for the regular positions may be submitted through proper channel, if applicable. In case there is a delay, the Applicant may submit an advance Copy of the Application. However, they have to submit NOC at the time of interview/Selection Committee.
The last date for the submission of applications is 25th June, 2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database