Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research scheme by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research scheme is a prestigious initiative of Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India towards the advancement of university research engagements in line with industry requirement. The scheme encourages full time PhD scholars to pursue research in “focus areas” identified by industries as well as of national priorities. There are 100 slots of fellowships available annually to researchers to pursue PhD in reputed technology and research institutions in India. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) on behalf of SERB implements the scheme.
Area of Research
Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, and Medicine
Duration: 4 Years
The applicants for the Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research Scheme should:
• Indian National
• Full time PhD registered with any academic or research institution offering PhD degree
• Apply within 14 months of PhD admission/registration whichever date is earlier
• Complete all required academic qualification in past
• Have an industry partner to sponsor 50% of the fellowship (Rs.4 lakhs per annum)
Selection Process & Parameter
Final selection for the award of SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research will be done following a rigorous selection process
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) The IP ownership will be mutually decided by partnering academic institution, PhD scholar and the sponsoring industry. SERB & FICCI will hold no right on IP (if any) generated out of the PhD research.
Monitoring Mechanism Awarded scholars will undergo periodic review on progress of their research work and achievement of milestones. Scholars will showcase their work during the review meetings.
Only online applications through program website will be accepted. Do not send any physical copy of the application and supporting documents.
Documents to be submitted
• Recent Passport Size Picture
• PhD Enrolment & Registration Certificate
• 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post-Graduation Certificate
• Scan of Other Degree / Diploma Certificate (if applicable)
• Profile of host institute
• Bio-data of PhD Supervisor, not exceeding 3 pages
• Profile of Partner Company with Logo
• Bio-data of Industry Mentor, not exceeding 3 pages
• Undertaking from the Research Supervisor and Head of the Organization of the Institute / University
• Undertaking from the Industry Partner in the Research Project
• Letter from the Industry Partner (on company’s letterhead) on the research problem and the future plans for implementation, if any
See All Other Jobs in our Database