Applications are invited for Vice Chancellor at Institute of Chemical Technology
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was established as the Department of Chemical Technology on 1st October 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through active support of industries and philanthropists. The Institute was most popularly known as UDCT, Mumbai. Research has been an integral part of ICT since its inception and it has created over 500 first generation entrepreneurs. The UDCT grew significantly in stature and was granted autonomy under UGC regulations by the University of Mumbai and further converted into an Institute on 26th January 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP programme, the Maharashtra government granted it full autonomy in June 2004. Due to the recommendations of the Government of Maharashtra and the University of Mumbai, the ICT was granted Deemed University Status by the MHRD on 12th September 2008, with all provisions of the UGC for funding and support as the state-owned deemed university.
Post : Vice Chancellor
Invitation of application for the post of Vice Chancellor of Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai which is a Category-1-Deemed to be University under Section-3 of UCG act-1956 and owned by Government of Maharashtra.
As the term of incumbent Vice Chancellor is coming to an end, it is to be filled up by regular appointment u/s 11 of Statutes of Institute approved by Government of Maharashtra vide Government Resolution dated 9th April 2014 and as provided u/s 6 of Annexture-2 of UGC [Institutions Deemed to be Universities] Regulations, 2016.
To fill up the vacancy above, a Search-cum-Selection Committee has been constituted by Hon hie Chancellor of Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. The Committee invites application/nomination with resume in the given format from interested candidates having scholarly pursuit, academic interest and administrative ability as detailed out in Appendix-I of this advertisement and references of two academicians for recommending a name to the Honble Chancellor of Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai for appointment to the post of Vice Chancellor. No testimonial or open letter should be attached. The referees will be contacted by the Chancellor’s Office.
1. The applicant or nomination must be a distinguished engineer/ technologist or scientist of international repute having direct relevance to the activities of Institute and s/he must be a fellow of two academics in India or aboard.
2. The applicant or nomination must possess a minimum of ten years of experience as Professor in a University system or ten years of experience in an equivalent position in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organization as per UGC (Institutions Deemed-to-be-Universities) Regulations, 2016.
3. The applicant should not be more than 65 years of age on the date of advertisement for the post of Vice Chancellor of the Institute.
4. S/he shall hold the title of R.T.Mody Distinguished Professor and Tata Chemicals Distinguished Professor of Leadership and Innovation while holding the position of Vice Chancellor of the Institute.
5. The pay scale and service conditions under UGC Regulations applicable for the post of Vice Chancellors of Deemed-to-be-Universities and adopted by Government of Maharashtra shall be applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor of the Institute. The Board of Governors of the Institute can recommend higher pay scales or allowances as deemed fit.
6. The Eminent academicians, Fellows of National and International academics, Vice Chancellors/Directors of World renowned Institutions and Chairmen of renowned Industries are invited to directly nominate the candidates fulfilling the required criteria as prescribed above for the selection to the post of Vice Chancellor of the Institute.
7. The applications shall only be submitted in a duly prescribed format in Appendix-II
of this advertisement, which can be downloaded from URL : ictmumbai.edu.in Incomplete application form shall be rejected.
8. Recent self attested passport size photograph and signature of applicant shall be scanned at proper place.
9. The claims in application must be supported by relevant certificates/documents as may be required.
10. All educational qualifications must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institution in India and/or abroad and if grades are awarded instead of marks, applicant should clearly indicate their numerical equivalent.
11. Suppression of any material information or misrepresentation in the application form shall automatically disqualify the candidate and further may attract prosecution.
12. Application received after due date and time shall not be considered.
13. Canvassing in any form will invite disqualification.
14. The applicants should have a valid e-mail id to be kept active during the entire period of consideration. The Search-cum-Selection Committee shall not be liable for failure of communication, if incorrect or inactive e-mail id is furnished.
15. The last date for submitting prescribed application form is 16th August, 2019 before 06.00 P.M. from date of publication of this advertisement in newspapers.
16. The application in prescribed format/nomination shall be submitted to the Chancellor of the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai through the e-mail
17. The application submitted other than through e-mail shall not be taken in to consideration by the Search-cum-Selection Committee.
18. The candidates, in addition to the application submitted through e-mail (compulsory), must also submit three sets of hard copies of application on the following address ensuring to reach before 20th August, 2019 within office hours either by hand/post/courier service.
Address: Dr. R.A. Mashelkar, FRS,
National Research Professor,
Chairman, National Innovation Foundation,
President, Global Research Alliance and
Chancellor, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
3rd Floor, Adams Court
Above Bank of Baroda
19. All communication in this regard shall only be entertained at the aforesaid e-mail.
See All Other Jobs in our Database