Applications are invited for Scientist Fellow at IBSD - Government of India
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD), a National Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India invites applications for contractual positions of Scientist Fellows. The main mandate of IBSD is Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Bioresources for the socio-economic Development of the North East Region of India, which is a genetic treasure trove of plants, animals and microbial resources. This region falls among the world’s top 10 Biodiversity Hotspots. The broad areas of research are in Plant Bioresources, Microbial Resources, Natural Product Chemistry, Animal Bioresources and Bioinformatics and Database Management.
Scientist Fellow (Natural Product Chemistry) - 01 post
PhD in Chemistry/ Medicinal chemistry/Natural Product Chemistry/Phytochemistry or equivalent with research experience in related field.
Desirable: Knowledge structure elucidation of bioactive molecules of medicinal plant and animal origin, drug design and development. Candidate should be capable of carrying out independent research projects on chemical profiling of local bioresources.
Location : IBSD Meghalaya
Scientist Fellow (Microbiology) - 01 post
Ph.D in Microbiology / Applied Microbiology/ Agricultural Microbiology or equivalent research experience in the relevant field.
Desirable: Research experience in development and application of microbial organism in the field of industrial/ agricultural applications capable of carrying out independent research projects to fulfill the mandate of the institute.
Location : IBSD Meghalaya
Scientist Fellow (Food Technology) - 01 post
Ph.D in Food Science / Food technology or related field with research/industrial experience in food technology, product development and evaluation.
Desirable: Development of value added products from plants and agro materials. Knowledge on characterisation of nutraceuticals in local plant and animal resources for development of functional food products
Location : IBSD Sikkim
1. The above posts will have a monthly remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- (consolidated). However, candidates should be prepared to serve anywhere in North East India.
2. Age Limit : Maximum 35 years as on the last date of application. Relaxation of age in respect of special categories/sports personal under Govt. of India notification/guideline will be applicable. Persons with physical disabilities will have age relaxation up to 5 years.
3. The date for determining the recruitment age limit/experience/ qualifications shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications.
4. Applications from the candidates working in Government departments, public sector organizations, autonomous institutions, government-funded research agencies or any organizations will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel and with a clear certificate that there is no vigilance case pending/being contemplated against him/her and that the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of the appointment order. However, applicants may send an advance copy of the application along with a requisite fee (wherever applicable) before the last date of receipt of completed application.
5. Only shortlisted candidates can face the interview.
6. No TA and DA will be paid for attending the interview.
7. The Institute will have the right to cancel/modify the above post.
8. The post is merely on contractual basis.
9. The nature of engagement will be as per Rules applicable to the Institute
10. Selected candidates have to execute a contract agreement with the institute which will be legally binding.
11. Selected candidates shall not claim for regular appointment either in IBSD, Meghalaya and its branches or DBT, New Delhi.
Application Procedure: Application should be sent in the prescribed application form . The candidate should send the completed and signed form along with self attested copies of all supporting certificates and marksheets along with application fee of Rs. 500/- (for GEN) &Rs. 250/- for (OBC/PH/SC/ST), for which a Demand Draft in favour of “Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development” , payable at Shillong, Meghalaya, should be attached with the application form. Candidates are advised to provide their email ID and mobile number as they would be contacted electronically by the Institute. Duly filled applications (with “Application for IBSD Scientist Fellow” super- scribed on the envelope) should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, 6th Mile, Upper Shillong- 793009, Meghalaya (India)” so as to reach on or before 8th July , 2019.
INSTITUTE OF BIORESOURCES & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (IBSD)
Upper Shillong-793009, 6th Mile, Meghalaya (India)
See All Other Jobs in our Database