Vacancy for Formulation Scientist at Merck Limited | M.Pharm, Ph.D
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Formulation Scientist
- Conceptualization of new projects through thorough literature search and competitive landscape.
- New Formulation Development of various dosage forms such as Solid Orals, Oral liquids, Oral powders, Capsules, Semi-solids and other delivery systems
- Supporting global team with benchmarking studies on new products through global projects and part of global team for new product launch
- Planning detailed activities related to formulations and execution of the same within targeted time limits and on cost effective basis
- Optimization of formula, process optimization Trials, feasibility batches, stability studies for smooth execution at scale up level
- Co-ordination with various departments like vendors, purchase, global developmental team and regulatory for smooth development and execution of project
- Preparing technical presentation for review
- To update information bank on novel drug delivery, review of new technology product/excipients in the market.
- To evaluate and complete projects in targeted timeline
Candidate Profile :
- Post graduate in pharmacy or Ph.D. in Pharmacy
- Should have minimum 3-6 years’ experience in formulation development and specific expertise in formulation of solid orals, liquid orals, semi solids or nasal products
- Should have exposure to regulatory requirement of market like US, Europe, Latin America
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical thinking
- Language proficiency in English.
- International exposure added advantage
- Should be a good team member and self-initiator
- Computer literacy (e.g. MS-project, Power Point, document management systems, Design of experiments (DoE)) available and shown ability to quickly learn new software and tracking tools and associated processes
- Ability to think logically and draw valid conclusions
Experience: 3-6 years
Location: Maharashtra - Mumbai
Education: B.Pharm, B.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Research & Development
Job ID: 163797
End Date: 20th July, 2017
To Apply Online Click Here
See All Other Jobs in our Database