Opportunity to work as Assistant Manager in Operations Safety at BASF
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close to 376 production sites worldwide we serve customers and partners in almost all countries of the world. Through new technologies we can tap into additional market opportunities. We conduct our business in accordance with the principles of sustainable development
Post: Assistant Manager - Operations Safety
- Inform plant management and coordinate with maintenance team / process engineer for any modifications related to safety hazards
- Monitor stack emissions, effluent emissions etc and inform the plant manager for any abnormalities at frequent intervals
- Coordinate with site EHS manager and HR manager for changes in statutory requirements and implementation
- Implement and maintain requirements of Process Safety and Occupational Safety. Support the Operations Leader for documents related to Organisation Code.
- Analyse all safety violations and compile data for corrective and preventive actions
- Percolate data of safety issues from other BASF plants, sites across globe to the plant personnel
* Check and implement good practices from other plants, sites
* Take (wherever necessary)/suggest (if it is macro level) preventive actions from learning and experience from other plants, sites’ incidents
- Assist and complete risk assessments of all the jobs in the plant and monitor periodically for any changes
- Train, develop and evaluate the supervisory staff and workmen regarding safety guidelines
- Plan and execute training programs in coordination with plant manager and site EHS manager
- Get feedbacks at regular inervals to check for awareness
- Align personnel to a common goal of safety with help from Plant Management
- Suggest and motivate people to increase the alertness level for safety violations
- Promptly inform the plant management of any safety violations.
For more info on next page...