The Regional Medical Research Centre (ICMR), Bhubaneswar is a permanent research centre of Indian Council of Medical Research. The foundation stone of the centre was laid by the then prime minister of India Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi on 29th March 1981.Initially the Center started in a small rental accommodation in 1982 and shifted to the Centre’s own building in year 1990 after completion. The campus of RMRC is located in 20 acres of picturesque landscape in Chandrasekharpur and has its own laboratory –cum- administrative building, animal house, auditorium, guest house & research scholars’ hostel and staff quarters. The concept of Regional Medical Research Centre was evolved during 6th five year plan period in 1980. Under this scheme six RMRCs were set up in different parts of the country.
Post : Project Field Investigator
A Walk–in-interview (written test/Interview) is scheduled to be held at the office of ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar-751023 for the recruitment of different posts for the project entitled, “A study to assess Silicosis, Tuberculosis & their possible risk factors among glass industry, coal-mines and mica-scavengers silica dust exposed workers: an interventional Multi-centric Study” under Dr. Tahziba Hussian, Scientist-E.
Essential Qualification : Graduate in Science / relevant subjects / from a recognized university with 3 years work experience from a recognized institution or Master’s degree in the relevant subjects.
Desirable Qualification : Post Graduation in Biotechnology / Microbiology / Public Health / Social Science / Pharma / Nursing 2 years Experience in laboratory and field work, sample collection, ELISA, etc. Knowledge of TB is preferable. Knowledge on handing and analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data using software.
Age : Not exceeding 30 years as on date of advertisement.
Remuneration : Rs.31,000/- PM
Duration : 03 (three) months or till the project is terminated by the funding agency.
Terms & Conditions
1. Qualification & Experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
2. Age relaxation may be given to the candidates having working experience in ICMR-RMRC, BBSR project.
3. The engagement is purely on contract basis and the Director of the Institute reserves the right to dispense with his services at any time without assigning any reasons.
4. The engagement will get automatically cease to be on present/extended assignment or completion of the aforesaid project activities, whichever is earlier.
5. The engagement can be terminated at any time by giving one month notice on either side. His/her contract can be terminated forthwith or before expiry of the notice period by making payment of a sum equivalent to one-month contractual amount. However, s/he will not be permitted to surrender one-month contractual amount in lieu of the period of notice of unexpired portion thereof and he will be required to serve the full period of notice.
6. S/he will be normally posted at the study site; however, he may be temporarily posted to other study sites in the interest of project work.
7. S/he will not divulge any information gathered or outcome of research work during the period of your assignment to anyone who is not authorized to have the same.
8. The Director, ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar reserves rights to consider or reject any contract/ application/candidature without assigning any reason.
9. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
10. The Number of vacancies may vary according to requirement at later stage.
Eligible candidates may appear for the walk-in- interview on 31/07/2023 at 09.30 AM onwards at the office of ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar-751023
N:B : Interested candidates are requested to bring all the Original Certificates, Mark Sheets, and Experience Certificate along with the application form (Format Attached) for document verification also a set of photo copies of all the documents submitted along with the application form on the scheduled date & time at ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar – 751023.
No Candidates will be entertained after 10.00A.M. After scrutiny and verification of original documents eligible candidates will be required to appear for the Interview/Skill test.
See All Other Jobs in our Database