Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an Institution of national importance established by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, with regional and global partnerships synergizing with the programmes of UNESCO. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology in a globally competitive research milieu.
Post : Project Manager
The Centre invites online applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, result-oriented and dedicated eligible candidates for the following position under the above mentioned project funded by National Biopharma Mission, an Academic-Industry Collaborative Mission for accelerating Discovery Research to early development for Biopharmaceuticals.
Consolidated Emolument : Emoluments upto Rs. 12 Lakh per annum based on the relevant experience of the candidate.
Minimum essential Qualification and Experience : Ph.D. in Microbiology / Virology / Immunology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry or any branch of Life Sciences from a recognized University / Institution with 5 years of relevant post qualification experience.
Job description & Responsibilities :
• Proven working experience in project management.
• Excellent external and internal communication skills.
• Monitoring & coordinating routine activities with partners and collaborators.
• Escalating issues & reporting updates to PI, Project Director & Senior Management.
• Presenting scientific data, project proposal in different meetings.
• Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
• Develop, maintain & review grants, budgets, projects, inventories and database.
• Monitor study progress and provide status to the team routinely.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Work experience in molecular biology/ mammalian cell culture/ protein purification/ virological assays/ immunological assays would be plus.
Age Limit : 50 Years
Interested candidates may apply online with the requisite non-refundable fee of Rs. 1,000/- (SC/ST/PH/Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) latest by 13th July 2023. Refund of unsuccessful or duplicate transactions may be claimed up to 1 month from the last date of submission of applications, after that no request will be entertained.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The position will be on contract, initially for a period upto 13.12.2023, which may be extended further at the discretion of theCompetent Authority as per the requirement of the Centre. The duration of the project is likely to be extended further.
2. The position is subject to periodic evaluation of the performance of the incumbent and if, on such evaluation the performanceis not found to be satisfactory, the contract will be terminated with one-month notice.
3. The appointment will be on full-time basis and he/she will not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the periodof contract. The contract may be terminated by either party by giving one-month advance notice in writing.
4. The consolidated emoluments shown above are only indicative and shall be decided by the Selection Committee for the selected candidate based on his/her relevant experience and qualification. No other perks or allowances are admissible.
5. The contract may be terminated by either party by giving one-month advance notice in writing or payment of one monthsalary in lieu thereof.
6. The incumbent will be required to conform to the rules and regulations of RCB in force from time to time and follow the discipline rules of the Centre failing which the contract may be withdrawn at any point of time.
7. The incumbent will not be considered to be a permanent employee of the Center and conferment of this contract will not imply any assurance or guarantee for regular employment in the Centre. The incumbent shall not claim for regularization or absorption in the Centre. However, the incumbent may apply for the advertised post subject to meeting eligibility criteria forthe post and as per institutional policy.
8. All educational, professional and technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board/University. Experience shall becounted for work done after the qualifying degree for the relevant position.
9. Persons working in Govt. or Public Sector Undertaking should apply through proper channel or produce ‘No- Objection Certificate’ at the time of selection process.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
11. Vacancy shown above is indicative only and the number may increase or decrease as per requirement and at the discretionof the Competent Authority.
12. Mere fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being calledfor the selection process. Only the candidates shortlisted by a duly constituted Screening Committee will be called. The decision of the Centre in this regard will be final. No interim inquiries in this regard will be entertained.
13. The incumbent will be entitled for leave as admissible to the contractual staff of the Centre. The un-availed leave cannot be carried forward or encashed.
14. Age relaxation as per GoI norms is available to eligible applicants. In all other cases. if a candidate is otherwise suitable, age/experience relaxation may be granted by the Competent Authority.
15. Any dispute arising out of this advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Faridabad, Haryana.
16. Candidates canvassing/giving incorrect information/violating norms in any kind, detected at any stage, before or after the selection will be disqualified with immediate/retrospective effect, as the case may be.
17. The decisions of the Competent Authority, RCB will be final and binding in all cases.
Note : Applicants who are already in regular government service and willing to apply for the above contractual position are advised to take prior permission from their parent organization for the same. In the event of selection, such candidates are to ensure their relieving within 30 days of the offer, so as to join the position within the specified period. No request for extensionof joining period shall be entertained under any circumstances. The position is contractual only with consolidated emoluments and shall not be eligible for any pay level salary, perks & allowances. During the contract period of the employee, RCB shall not have liability of any kind to his/ her parent organization.
Last Date : 13th July 2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database