Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs. As a Government of India enterprise, BIRAC endeavors to bring professionalism, transparency and efficiency into its functioning while providing support to catalyse the transformation of the emerging Indian bio-economy. It has a very special and unique governance structure and a very carefully developed workforce strategy that includes an enabling work environment, a work culture that is caring, fosters excellence and hires the most talented and professional workforce.
Post : Senior Program officer
Position Code : SPO-06
Consolidated Remuneration : The consolidated fee shall be fixed between Rs.75,000 to Rs.2,40,000/- per month depending on the experience and qualifications.
No. of Position - 01
Job Description : The appointment shall be under ‘Contract for Service’ initially for a period of three (03) years or Co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier. The present duration of the project is till March’2024. Renewal of the contract shall depend on the extension of the Project or need for continuance of service, based on satisfactory performance.
Essential: - M.Sc/ M.Pharma / MBBS in Life Sciences / Biological Sciences / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology.
- PhD in in Life Sciences / Biological Sciences / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
- Demonstrated strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international.
Experience : M.Sc with 4 years of experience and PhD with 2 years of experience in Vaccine Manufacturing industry or novel platform technologies or in the area of vaccines Research and Development or Product development, Regulatory department of vaccine company or Bioassay development for measuring immunogenicity.
Age Limit - 35 Years as on closing date of application.
• Responsibilities for Implementation of Ind- CEPI which includes: ensuring monitoring of all grantees of your focus area by experts both technical and financial, working closely with the Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review and supervising grant management activities.
• Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready.
• Coordinating with stakeholders involved in Ind- CEPI management.
• Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
• Ensure timely execution of all activities.
• Responsible for supporting the organization of investigators meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
• In addition to scientific expertise, the Program officer must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
• To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders.
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application : 07th August 2023.
See All Other Jobs in our Database