Situated at Belagavi in Karnataka, the ICMR-National Institute of Traditional Medicine (Formerly known as RMRC Belagavi) conducts research on traditional and herbal medicines and on diseases of local health importance.The Institute is envisaged as a major Resource Centre for development of herbal technologies and products for prevention and treatment of major diseases including metabolic and hepatic disorders, ulcer, enteric diseases etc.
Post : Technical Assistant (Pharmacy)
ICMR-National Institute of Traditional Medicine is an institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research under Dept. of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, dedicated to harnessing knowledge on Traditional Medicines. ICMR-NITM intends to fill up vacant post under Technical Cadre.
No. of vacancies & reservation category : 1 (One) – Unreserved*
* Vacancy shown is tentative and may increase at any stage of recruitment
Pay Level : Level – 6 in Pay Matrix Rs. 35,400 - 1,12,400
Age limit : Not exceeding 30 years
Essential Qualification : 1st Class Bachelor's Degree (minimum three years) in Pharmacy (B. Pharma) from a Govt recognized University.
How to Apply
1. Application form along with necessary essential documents should be sent in a sealed envelope with superscript as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (PHARMACY)” to The Director, National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi - 590 010, through Speed post / Registered post. The application must reach us latest by 10-08-2023 upto 5.30 PM. Applications received by hand will not be considered.
2. Application fees of Rs.300/- (Non-Refundable) in the form of Demand Draft in favour of “Director, ICMR-NITM, Belagavi” payable at Belagavi should be sent along with application. The SC / ST / Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Women candidates and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from payment of the application fee. ICMR employees are not exempted from the payment of application fee.
3. Person working in ICMR projects continuously shall also be eligible for age relaxation upto 5 years provided he/she has entered into project service within prescribed age limit for the post.
4. Age concession of 5 years are allowed to Departmental Candidates and Central Government employees for appointment to Group ‘B’ post by direct recruitment subject to the usual condition that the Group ‘B’ posts to which direct recruitment is being made are in the same line or allied cadres and that a relationship could be established that service rendered in the post will be useful for efficient discharge of the duties in other categories of posts.
5. The candidates need to attach the self-attested copies of the following documents along with duly completed application form.
a. Proof of Date of Birth.
b. SSC / SSLC / Xth Certificate.
c. HSC / PUC / XII th Certificate.
d. Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (Semester wise as well as Convocation / Passing Certificate).
e. Master’s Degree Certificate (Semester wise as well as Convocation / Passing Certificate) - if applicable.
f. Proof of Work Experience. (if applicable)
g. Proof of Experience for age relaxation for the candidates working in the Govt. Sector in the prescribed format – Annexure I.
h. Proof of Category i.e. SC / ST / PwD / Ex-Servicemen.
i. No Objection Certificate (If applicable) Annexure II.
j. Details of Experience for candidates working in ICMR Projects – Annexure III.
6. CBT (Computer Based Test) will be conducted for 100 marks.
7. Merely fulfilling the essential qualification and requisite experience by the candidate does not confer any right to be called for CBT (Computer Based Test).
8. The candidates working in the Central / State / Govt. Departments / Public Sector undertakings etc., should submit No Objection Certificate and Vigilance Clearance Certificate from the current employer, failing which the application will be summarily rejected. 9. The candidates applying in response to the advertisement, in their own interest, are advised to satisfy themselves regarding eligibility for the post applied for. They must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria i.e. age, essential qualification, experience, reservation, etc. as on the last date of application i.e. 10-08-2023.
10. In case, at any stage of recruitment or even after appointment, it has come to the notice that any of the candidates does not fulfill the required qualifications in respect of the above mentioned eligibility criteria or has furnished any wrong or false or misleading information in the application form or has suppresses any information, his / her candidature will automatically stand cancelled without assigning any reason or notice thereof and no enquiry / request / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
11. No age relaxation will be given to SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates applying for the Unreserved post as per Govt. of India order No.36011/1/98/Estt(Res.) dated 1-7-1998 and as amended from time to time.
12. Relaxation of age limit would be permissible to such persons who have minimum of 40% disability. The candidate needs to attach the relevant disability certificate, issued by the Competent Medical Authority of Govt. of India; for claiming age relaxation, failing which no age relaxation shall be considered.
13. The crucial date to determine the age is the last date of application i.e. 10-08-2023. Person working in ICMR projects continuously shall also be eligible for age relaxation up to five years, provided he /she has entered into project service within prescribed age limit for the post.
14. Date, time and venue of CBT (Computer Based Test) will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates through call letters / admit cards and no enquiry / request in this regard will be entertained. Candidates are advised to visit ICMR and ICMR-NITM websites regularly for the updated status of the recruitment.
15. 95 percent weightage will be given to the marks scored by the candidate in the CBT (Computer Based Test), and 5 percent weightage will be given for research / lab / field experience in any Government recognized / approved / registered institution or Organisation obtained as prescribed in the recruitment rule / advertisement.
16. The 5 percent weightage for post Essential Qualification research / lab / field experience in any Government recognised / approved / registered Institution or Organisation will be added to the marks scored by the candidate in the CBT as mentioned below :
Relevant Experience & Weightage (marks)
> 1 and up to 2 years : 1
> 2 and < 4 years : 2
> 4 and < 6 years : 3
> 6 and < 8 years : 4
> = 8 years : 5
17. No TA/DA will be paid to the shortlisted candidates to attend the CBT (Computer Based Test, and the candidates will have to make their own arrangements.
18. Selection for the post of Technical Assistant (Pharmacy) will be through CBT (Computer Based Test).
19. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to the selection / recruitment shall be treated as disqualification.
20. The period of probation will be for Two years from the date of joining. Other terms and conditions regarding probation will be as per the rules of ICMR / GoI issued from time to time.
21. Pay and other allowances are admissible as per ICMR rules. Benefits of new restricted defined Contributory Pension is admissible for new entrants as per provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB /& PR Division) Notification No / 5/7/2003 – ECB & PR dated 22-12-2003 effective from 1- 1-2004.
22. The Director, ICMR-NITM reserves the rights for following:
a. To fix criteria for screening the applications so as to limit the number of candidates to be called for CBT (Computer Based Test).
b. Increase / Decrease number of vacancies at any stage of selection process.
c. Fill up or not to fill up the advertised post without assigning any reason thereof.
d. Rectify any inadvertent error or omission in the advertisement, at any stage of the recruitment process, by notifying it on the ICMR and ICMR-NITM websites.
Last Date : 10-08-2023 upto 5.30 PM
See All Other Jobs in our Database