CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP) is a premier multidisciplinary research institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India with its major focus on exploiting the potential of medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs) by cultivation, bioprospection, chemical characterization, extraction, and formulation of bioactive phytomolecules. With a strength of 100 scientists, 162 technical officers, 129 support staff and nearly 300 doctoral and post-doctoral scholars at its HQ in Lucknow and research centers at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pantnagar, and Purara
The eligible and interested candidates are invited as detailed below for purely temporary engagement as Project Manager, Project Associate -I &II, Project Scientist-I & Senior Project Associate under different ongoing Project of CSIR CIMAP, Lucknow.
Project Manager (One Position)
Post Code : 01
Qualification : Essential Qualification:- Doctoral Degree in Science or Master Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent with 20 Years of experience in aromatic plants.
Desirable Qualification: - Experience in handling Mega project of National Importance for countrywide aromatic crops cultivation and expansion as Principal Investigator or Co- Principal Investigator
Age Limit : 45 Yrs Minimum Age
Stipend per month : Rs. 1,25,000/- Consolidated
Project Associate-I /II (03 posts)
Post Code : 02
Qualification : For Project Associate-I: M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Biochemistry from a recognized University or equivalent.
For Project Associate-II : M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Biochemistry from a recognized University or equivalent. And 2 years relevant experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions.
Desirable Qualification: - Experience in the area of molecular biology (DNA and RNA isolation, cloning, and PCR)/ in plant tissue culture, genetic transformation of plants/ in Plant Genome-Editing would be preferred
Age Limit : 35 Yrs Minimum Age
Stipend per month : For Project Associate-I : i) Rs. 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions. ii) Rs. 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above For Project Associate-II : i) Rs. 35,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions. ii) Rs. 28,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above
Senior Project Associate (01 post)
Post Code : 03
Qualification : (i) M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Bioinformatic s from a recognized University or equivalent. and (ii) Four years’ relevant experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institution.
Desirable Qualification: - Experience in the area of molecular biology (DNA and RNA isolation, cloning, and PCR) / in bioinformatics tool for genome- wide expression analysis based on transcriptome datasets and analysis of small RNA datasets would be preferred.
Age Limit : 40 Yrs Minimum Age
Stipend per month : Rs. 42,000/- + HRA.
Project Scientist I (01 post)
Post Code : 04
Qualification : (i) Doctoral Degree in Science in Biotechnology / Biochemistry from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable Qualification: - Experience in the area of molecular biology (DNA and RNA isolation, cloning, and PCR)/ in plant tissue culture and genetic transformation of plants/in Plant genome-editing would be preferred.
Age Limit : 35 Yrs Minimum Age
Stipend per month : Rs. 56,000/- + HRA increment of 5% for every 2 years of experience subject to performance review
Mode of Selection
FOR PROJECT MANAGER: Candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria of age, essential qualifications, and experience etc. may fill the attached Application Form and enclose all relevant documents in a single PDF file and submit the same through email at email@example.com by 11.08.2023 (05:30 PM). Any application received through any other mode or after due date and time will be summarily rejected. A duly constituted Screening Committee will short-list the eligible candidates, who will be invited to attend the Interview. The date of Interview will be declared along with the Screening Result. *Last Date for receipt of emailed applications : 11-08-2023, 5.30 PM on firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR PA-I/II, SPA & PROJECT SCIENTIST-I
Selection is to be done on the basis of performance in the Walk-in- Interview. A written test may be conducted if the candidates appears in higher numbers. The date of Walk-in- Interview is 17.08.2023 (Reporting Time: 09:30 AM to 11:00 AM).
General Terms & Conditions
1. Engagement will be initially for a period of one year, and may be extended or curtailed depending upon the project requirement and desired level performance or conduct of the incumbent, and availability of Funds from funding agencies as the case may be.
2. The tenure of Project Staff shall be co-terminus with the project. However, under no circumstances the tenure would be allowed to exceed five years’ duration. The performance of the Project Staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be terminated.
3. The position is only temporary and, therefore, will not confer any right on the incumbent to any claim, implicit or explicit on any post in CSIR-CIMAP.
4. The upper age limit for Post Code 2-4 as on date of Walk-in-Interview, is relaxable as per the Government of India Rules.
5. On completion of the tenure in one project, in case, one wants to apply for engagement in another project, he/she will have to go through the process of selection by submitting a fresh application under the new project. Engagement of the Project Staff under the new project would be made only after submission of resignation and “No Demand Certificate” in the previous project.
6. Wherever possible accommodation will be provided to project staff, if accommodation is not possible, HRA will be paid as per rules. If accommodation is provided, the licence fee would be deducted as per CSIR rules.
7. The Project Staff shall be permitted to avail leave and dispensary facility, as per rules. Dispensary facility\ies will be for self only and not for family members or dependants.
8. The Institute provides canteen facilities as is being provided for regular staff members on payment of suitable charges.
9. Experience, where required, will be counted from acquiring minimum educational qualification.
10. Final semester and results awaited candidates will not be allowed to appear for Walk-in-Interview.
11. No TA will be paid to candidates for attending the interview.
12. No request for Online Interview will be entertained.
13. The number of positions is tentative and subject to change at the time of interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database