Merck is a leading science and technology company that operates across healthcare, life science and electronics. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country. Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981.
The Merck Young Scientist Award Program is a prestigious biennial initiative that celebrates and recognizes the outstanding achievements of young scientists in India’s life sciences field. The award is in search of curious minds driven by passion to make a difference in millions of people across India.
Merck Young Scientist Award is a step towards our vision of solving toughest problems in life sciences by collaborating with scientific community.
The award is given to an Indian researcher or scientist with less than 10 years of research experience (post-Ph.D.) and affiliated with a research institute.
Accepting applications in the field of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, and special category in the field of Sustainability Research (Green Chemistry, Renewable/Alternate Energy, Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing).
• 5 Winners: Cash award Rs. 2,50,000 and Travel award : Rs. 1,00,000
• 5 Runners-up: Cash award Rs. 1,00,000
• Two winners and runners-up each for Biological and Chemical Sciences and one winner and runner-up for Sustainability Research
The Merck Young Scientist Award recognized the contributions of young researchers who are pushing the boundaries of scientific research and for their outstanding achievements.
Merck Young Scientist Award is presented to
• The award is given to an Indian researcher or scientist with less than 12 years of research experience (post-PhD) and affiliated with a research institute
• Season 1 and 2 of the Merck Young Scientist Award honored 13 curious minds from the fields of Biological Sciences, COVID-19 research and Chemical Sciences.
See All Other Jobs in our Database