The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak has been established by an Act of the Parliament of India. It came into existence by the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Act, 2007 and came into action on July 2008. The jurisdiction of the University extends to the whole country and it is fully funded by the Central Government through the University Grant Commission. The university caters to the tribals’ long cherished dream of higher education.
Online applications are invited from Indian nationals including Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for various teaching posts in the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (Main Campus at Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh and Regional Campus at Imphal, Manipur).
No of post : 01 (OBC-1*)
Qualifications and Experiences : (i) Ph.D. Degree in the Pharmacy disciplines.
(ii) First Class in B.Pharm and Master’s degree in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy (Qualification must be PCI recognized
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2. Candidate must be registered in Pharmacy Council of India.
No of post : 01 (SC-01)
Qualifications and Experiences : First Class in B.Pharm and Master’s degree in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy (Qualification must be PCI recognized Desirable: Ph.D. degree Candidate must be registered in Pharmacy Council of India.
Associate Professor - 02 (ST-1*, OBC-1*)
Assistant Professor - 02 (UR-2#)
Associate Professor - 01 (UR-1#)
Assistant Professor - 01 (UR-1#)
Professor - 01 (OBC-1*)
Assistant Professor (Organic Chemistry) - 01 (UR-1
Assistant Professor (Inorganic Chemistry) - 01 (OBC-1)
* The post is advertised as Backlog Vacancy.
# The post is advertised against Lien Vacancy. The lien vacancy is till the period the lien holder reverts back or his /her lien is terminated. In case the lien holder opts to be absorbed in the new organization/ post, the incumbent recruited against the lien vacancy may be regularized in the same post as per rules
Qualifications and Experiences (Biotechnology, Botany) : (i) A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines. (ii) A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed). (iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2. Good academic record is defined as minimum 55% marks UG and PG levels. However a relaxation of 5% shall be provided at UG and PG levels for SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PWD for the posts reserved for the said category as per the guidelines of the UGC, as amended from time to time.
Qualifications and Experiences (Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry) (i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned / relevant / allied subjects from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (ii) Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) Candidates, who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the provisions contained in the Para 4.1(I)(A)(ii), UGC Regulations, 2018 are exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET.
Assistant Professor (Organic Chemistry)
(i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a Chemistry with specialization in Organic Chemistry from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (ii) Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) Candidates, who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the provisions contained in the Para 4.1(I)(A)(ii), UGC Regulations, 2018 are exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET.
Assistant Professor (Inorganic Chemistry)
(i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Chemistry with specialization in Inorganic Chemistry from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (ii) Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) Candidates, who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the provisions contained in the Para 4.1(I)(A)(ii), UGC Regulations, 2018 are exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET.
Mode of Selection
1. The Academic score as specified in UGC Regulations 2018 and its subsequent amendments shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
2. Status of application shall be updated on CU Chayan Portal.
3. Only shortlisted eligible candidates shall be called for Interview. University reserves the right to call adequate number of candidates for Interview.
4. Selection shall be based only on the merit of performance in the interview.
How To Apply
1. Interested eligible candidates have to submit the online application available in CU Chayan Portal (https://curec.samarth.ac.in/ ). Link of CU Chayan portal is also available in the IGNTU website (www.igntu.ac.in).
2. Candidates are advised to read the advertisement carefully and check their eligibility and suitability before applying.
3. Candidates are also advised to read the instructions on CU Chayan Portal.
4. Email Id and Mobile number registered in the portal shall be used for future communication, if any.
5. Candidate who is already in service should submit his/her application through proper channel. However, he / she may send an advance copy of his / her application and should produce a “No objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of Interview failing which he / she shall not be entertained in Interview.
6. Hard copy of application form should be reached within stipulated time in a closed envelope super-scribing Application for the post of ………………… Category ……….. and the advertisement No. ………. of the post as prescribed in the advertisement by speed or registered post only.
Application processing fees
1. Application processing fees for online application for various category are as under
UR/OBC/EWS: Rs. 1000/- (One thousand rupees) only
SC/ST/PWD/Women/Transgender : No fees
2. Application processing fees will be accepted only through online mode.
3. Application processing fees shall be non-refundable and non-adjustable under any circumstances.
4. Candidate who wishes to apply for more than one post will be required to submit separate Online applications and separate processing fees.
5. Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and will be summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the University shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement, screening and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committees in accordance with the provisions given in the UGC Regulations 2018 (as the case may be) as amended from time to time along with guidelines/ regulations of the regulating bodies of concerned subjects and provisions given in the University Act/Statutes/Ordinances/Rules etc.
2. The number of vacancies reserved for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD is in accordance with the reservation quota fixed by Government for these categories.
3. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The eligibility shall be ascertained strictly on the basis of academic/ research score obtained as per Appendix II Table 2 of the UGC Regulations, 2018 subject to fulfilling all the essential eligibility criteria as mentioned for direct recruitment on the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the UGC Regulations, 2018. The University reserves the right to decide number of candidates to be called for interview.
4. Candidate must bring all original Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets, Testimonials, Certificates relating to his/her Age, Experience, API, Category and Caste etc. at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to submit the original documents for verification of the certified/photocopies of the enclosures to his/her application, he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the interview and his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled without any further communication in this regard.
5. The University may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview. A reasonable number shall be decided on the basis of Qualification, Experience, higher than the minimum prescribed or by any other condition that it may deem fit.
6. The Selection procedure shall be as laid down by the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Others Academic staff in University and Colleges and Measures for Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education-2018 and Notifications, Notices and Circulars issued by the UGC in this regard from time to time.
7. Re-employment cases may be considered as per decision of the University in accordance with Govt. of India guidelines as amended from time to time.
8. Relaxation in percentage of marks etc. may be applicable to the candidates belonging to the Schedule Caste (SC)/Schedule Tribes (ST) or other reserved categories as per the UGC guidelines. A certificate to this effect issued from the competent authority must be attached with the prescribed application form. If the relevant certificates in case of respective reserved categories are not attached with the application, the application shall be rejected and no appeal will be entertained.
9. Experience, qualification and age will be considered as on the last date of submission of online application.
10. The out-side candidate belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories will be paid for second class rail fare (shortest route), and in case, any station is not connected by rail, ordinary bus fare shall be paid (shortest route) on production of original tickets. In accordance with the guidelines of the UGC/ Govt. of India rule extra charges (if any) incurred for reserving seat/sleeping berth in the train will not be reimbursed to the candidates as per GoI rules/ UGC guidelines.
11. Any corrigendum/ changes/ updates related to the post(s) and recruitment process shall be placed on the University website. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check the update (if any) on IGNTU Website.
12. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS category should submit prescribed certificate as per the proforma of Govt. of India. All supporting documents must be self- attested. If at any stage, the said certificates are found incorrect, the services will be terminated without giving any notice.
13. It is mandatory to submit Form-16 of all the claimed years of experience with their application in support of their experience to ascertain equivalency of their emoluments with regular scale of pay of the post concerned.
1. Mere possession of eligibility conditions shall not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date as prescribed in the advertisement for receipt of the applications. In other words, no candidate shall be called for interview if he/she does not possess the minimum qualification and experience etc. as on the last date of submission of online application for a particular post.
2. Candidate who is already in service should submit his/her application through proper channel. However, he/she may send an advance copy of his/her application and must produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) and Vigilance Clearance Certificate (in closed cover) from the employer at the time of interview failing which he/she shall not be entertained for the interview.
3. It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the prescribed qualification, experience etc. and submit his/her application duly filled-in along with desired information, documents and other supporting materials as per the advertisement. Suppression of factual information, production of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or any other undesirable action by the candidate shall lead to cancellation of his /her candidature. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future even after appointment that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed qualification, experience or any documents was found doubtful, which could not be detected at the time of screening/ interview due to whatever circumstances, his/her appointment shall liable to be terminated forthwith as per this clause without any notice and also based on his undertaking apart from legal action as per rules.
4. Candidates are advised to visit the University website regularly for updates related to recruitment.
5. The University reserves the right to Revise/ Reschedule/ Cancel/ Suspend/ Withdraw (partially/wholly/ any post(s)) or the recruitment process without assigning any reason. The decision of the University shall be final and no appeal on this regard shall be entertained.
6. The University reserves the right to increase or decrease or withdraw the vacancies according to the circumstances.
7. Interim enquiries shall not be entertained.
8. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature of the candidate.
9. The decision of the Screening Committee is final with regard to screening of applications and short listing of the candidates for appearing interview.
10. Salary, terms and conditions of services and superannuation will be according to the UGC norms as amended from time to time. Candidates selected against a post shall be required to sign service agreement as prescribed by the University on joining. However, services can be terminated at any time due to unsatisfactory performance at any time as per evaluation report.
11. Candidates must be in sound health and bear good moral character. If selected, he/she must be undergone such medical examination and satisfy such Certificate of Health Fitness from the Medical Board of a district hospital and accepted by the competent authority of the University. On completion of probation confirmation shall be made subject to verification of all relevant documents, police report, medical report etc.
12. The selected candidate shall be governed by the New Pension Scheme of the Govt. of India, duly amended by UGC from time to time.
13. In case of any dispute, the territorial jurisdiction for adjudication shall be the High Court of Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur (M.P.)
Last date of online application : 14.08.2023
Last date of receiving of Hardcopy of application form : 21.08.2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database