Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into products to improve human health.
Project : Translational Research Program
Technical Officer- II (Bioanalytical Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics)
Post : One post
Monthly emoluments : Rs. 75,000/-
Age Limit : 35 years
Minimum Qualifications & Experience : PG Professional degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacolgy / Chemical Sciences or equivalent or M.Tech / M.Pharma or equivalent with two years of post-qualification experience in the field of HPLC/LCMS operation and handling in a reputed bioanalytical lab. OR PG degree in Life Sciences/ Chemical Sciences or equivalent with three years of post-qualification experience in the field of HPLC/LCMS operation and handling in a reputed bioanalytical lab.
Desirable Experience : Candidate must have prior experience of:
• Development, validation and qualification of HPLC and LCMS methods for new molecules as well as known drugs for qualitative and quantitative analysis. This includes but not limited to analytical trouble shooting; data generation, compilation, report preparation; Lab note book, record keeping; SOP writing.
• Processing biological samples such as plasma, serum, tissues for drug quantification studies using HPLC and LCMS.
• Working experience of LCMS (operation and handling) including calibrations and day to day trouble shooting in a reputed bioanalytical lab involved in DMPK lab.
• One year experience of providing bioanalytical support to pharmacokinetic and drug metabolism as well as drug distribution studies.
Technical Officer- I (Prototype development & validation)
Post : One post
Monthly emoluments : Rs. 60,000/-
Age Limit : 30 years
Minimum Qualifications & Experience : PG Professional degree in Biotechnology / Design Engineering or equivalent from the recognized university with one year of post-qualification experience in the relevant field. OR PG degree in Biotechnology / Design Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university with two years of post-qualification experience in the relevant field.
Desirable Experience :
• Basic knowledge of product prototyping
• Cell culture
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
a) These are short-term positions and extension will be granted subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbents and tenure of the project for which they are selected. Those appointed to these positions will not have any claim for regularization of their employment.
b) All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
c) The experience requirement specified above shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications specified for the post.
d) Closing date of online application will be the CRUCIAL DATE for determining eligibility with regard to age, essential qualification etc.
e) The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise suitable. In case candidates are not found suitable for the posts notified, they can be offered lower post / lower emoluments on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
f) Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates:
1. By five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
2. By three years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
3. For Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) falling under the following categories : (i) UR - ten years, ii) OBC - 13 years (iii) SC/ST - 15
4. Age is relaxable for Central Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time-to-time.
5. There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates.
6. For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
g) All results/notifications will only be published on our website. Therefore, the candidates should essentially visit THSTI website, regularly.
h) All communications will only be made through email.
i) In case a large number of applications are received, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification and experience.
j) The no. of vacancy indicated above may change subjected to the actual requirement at the time of Written test/skill test/interview.
k) With regard to any provisions not covered in this notification, the bye laws of THSTI / Govt. of India rules / guidelines shall prevail.
l) Canvassing wrong information in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Documents to be kept handy before filling up the online application: (all the documents except (i) should be in pdf format):
i) A soft copy of your passport size photo and signature. (jpeg/jpg/png format)
ii) A comprehensive CV containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience / distinctions etc.
iii) Matriculation certificate (equivalent to 10th Standard) / Mark sheet
iv) Intermediate certificate (equivalent to 12th Standard) / Mark sheet
v) Graduation/Diploma degree certificate / Mark sheet
vi) Post-Graduation degree certificate & Mark sheet (if applicable)
vii) PhD degree/certificate (if applicable)
viii) Relevant experience certificates (if applicable)
ix) Caste / Disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India, if applicable
Procedure for filling up online application:
i) The eligible and interested candidates may apply online at the Institute’s website www.thsti.res.in/career. Applications through any other mode will not be accepted.
ii) The following will be the step wise procedure- A) Step 1 : Details of applicant B) Step 2 : Uploading of documents C) Step 3 : Payment of application fee
• The payment can be made by using Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking / UPI.
• Once payment is made, no correction / modification is possible
• Candidates are requested to keep a copy of the provisional receipt forfuture reference.
• Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
• Details of fees to be paid are as shown below :
1. Unreserved, OBC & EWS candidates Rs 590/-
2. SC/ST/Women/PwBD Rs 118/-
D) Step 4 : Submission of application form
iii) On successful submission of application, an auto-generated email containing the reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of the reference number for future correspondence.
iv) Candidates are required to keep a printout of the online application form by using the print button on the dashboard for future reference.
v) Candidates must ensure that he / she fulfils all the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement. If it is found that he / she does not fulfil the stipulated criteria during the recruitment process, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled. If the same is noticed after the appointment, the candidate will be terminated following due process.
vi) Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
vii) In case of difficulty in filling up the online form, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the screenshot of the error displayed (if any).
Last date for receipt of online application : 16th August 2023.
The applications will be scrutinised/shortlisted and processed for further selection.
See All Other Jobs in our Database