Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - Hyderabad campus is one of the premier technical and science institutes of higher learning in India. It was established by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (Rajasthan) as one of its latest campuses in the year 2008 with the first batch graduating in the year 2012. BITS, Pilani is one of India’s top technical and science universities established under Sec. 3 of the UGC act.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from interested and motivated candidates from any life science background for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the following project sponsored by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) titled “Understanding the novel role of PERK in the context of ER-mitochondrial communication in NAFLD” under the supervision of Dr. Shuvadeep Maity (PI, BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus). The project will involve experimental work along with bioinformatics work.
Number of Vacancy : 01
Period : 24 months
Essential Qualification : B.S.- M.S./ M.Sc./ MTech. or equivalent degree in biotechnology, life sciences, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or a related discipline with at least 60% marks. And
*Selected in any one of the following: -
1. National Eligibility Tests- CSIR –UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
2. National level examinations conducted by central Government departments and their agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc. *Non-NET/GATE candidates may also apply and may be considered for suitable position.
* Hands-on experience in basic molecular biology techniques is desirable. (Experience in Mouse handling is a plus, not mandatory)
Fellowship : As per the ICMR norm (Rs. 31,000-/month)
Age Limit : 28 Yrs. Age relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/tribes/OBC, women and physically handicapped candidates.
1. For any queries regarding the position, please feel free to email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. The position mentioned is temporary and for the period duration of the project. If the performance of the candidate is found unsatisfactory, the position will be terminated with a 1-month notice.
3. It is mandatory for the selected candidate to join the department and work in BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
How to apply
Interested candidates with the above-mentioned qualification can send their CV giving detailed information about the educational qualifications, research experience and published research papers if any, by 15th July 2023, to the Principal Investigator, Dr. Shuvadeep Maity email: email@example.com. Please note that only qualified and suitable candidates will be called for interviews. The interview schedule will be sent to candidates via email. Selected candidate may be permitted to register for the Ph.D. programme of BITS-Pilani subject to the fulfilment of the requirements of Ph.D. qualification process as per the institute norm.
See All Other Jobs in our Database