Dr Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) is a not for profit Research Institute with a mission to be the preferred research partner to the pharma and life sciences industry. DRILS focuses on original research and advancement of relevant skills, with emphasis on solution-oriented interdisciplinary research for solving unmet needs and for process innovation. The Institute has been set up on a public- private partnership model by Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, the Government of Telangana, and the University of Hyderabad, and is governed by a Board of Directors comprising eminent scientists and visionaries.
Post : Junior Research Fellow in DBT funded project
Applications are invited for the following Junior Research Fellow (temporary position coterminous with the project) position under a DBT funded research project on “Functional Analysis of PHLPP1 in Myogenesis: Implications for skeletal muscle dystrophies”
Fellowship : Rs. 31,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 38,440)
Duration : The duration of the fellowship is until the end of the grant (February 2025). However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
1) Literature search.
2) Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
3) Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
4) Bookkeeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
Scope of experimental work :
• Cloning and site directed mutagenesis
• Generation and genotypic analysis of transgenic zebrafish
• Dissection of adult zebrafish, sectioning and slide preparation, and immunohistochemistry
• Imaging analysis of zebrafish larvae
• Post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences or Graduate / Post-graduate degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following :
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET including Lectureship and GATE
b. Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IISc, IISER etc
1-2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology. Candidates with prior hands-on experience with cell culture and zebrafish are preferred. Experience with dissections and immunohistochemistry would be an additional advantage.
Personal attributes :
The candidate should be motivated, committed and should be able to work in independently and in teams
Last Date : 15-7-2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database