The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology. CCMB was set up initially as a semi-autonomous Centre on April 1, 1977 with the Biochemistry Division of the then Regional Research Laboratory (presently, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, IICT) Hyderabad forming its nucleus and Dr P M Bhargava heading the new Centre. Earlier, the Governing Board of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) New Delhi, the apex body which constituted 44 research institutions in the country, approved the proposal in 1976 to establish such a Centre in view of the importance of research in the frontier and multi-disciplinary areas of modern biology.
Applications are invited from the eligible Indian National for WALK-IN INTERVIEW on 04.08.2022 for temporary position(s) on contractual basis as indicated hereunder. Candidates who fulfill the criteria mentioned below can fill in the form attached herewith and submit it along with self-attested copy of certificates, etc. on the day of interview.
Project Associate-I (01 post)
Post Code : 180722
Project code & Title : MLP0160 Defining PP1 phosphatase function in the preservation of cellular quiescence
Project Investigator : Dr. Venkat Chalamcharla
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. in Biological Sciences or BTech. from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable Qualification : Selected candidate is expected to work with Bacteria and yeast cells and perform molecular cell biology/biochemistry experiments. Experience working with fission yeast S. pombe is desirable. A 3-months’ minimum work experience in a research laboratory is preferable. MSc / MTech dissertation project will be considered for work experience.
Age : 35 years
Pay : Rs. 25,000+HRA (Rs.. 31,000+HRA if NET or GATE qualified)
Scientific Administrative Assistant (01 post)
Post Code : 190722
Project code & Title : GAP0581 Mechanisms of stress tolerance in M. tuberculosis and their impact on the host
Project Investigator : Dr. Vinay K Nandicoori
Essential Qualifications : B.Sc
Desirable Qualification : Candidates with experience prior experience in project management in R&D (Academic/Industrial) will be preferred
Age : 50 years
Pay : Rs. 18,000+HRA
Please Note :
1. Final positions may vary at the time of interview or selection.
2. Upper age limit as on date of walk in interview.
Mode of application :
• Candidates can fill in the application form attached herewith.
• Candidates who fulfill the above criteria may appear for walk-in-interview with the duly filled in application form along with one set of attested relevant documents (certificates of all educational qualifications from matric/10th onwards, experience, DOB, etc.).
• Please bring all the original certificates for verification.
• Candidates should register their names for walk-in-interview between 10.00 AM to 11.10 AM on 04.08. 2022.
• Upper age limit shall be reckoned as on the date of interview.
• Experience shall be counted after obtaining the minimum prescribed qualification.
• Candidates possessing essential qualification in the required area/discipline only should apply, others are not eligible. Result awaited candidates are not eligible.
General terms and conditions:
1.How to apply Mode of application as indicated above.
2. Number of posts Director, CCMB reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process. The decision of the Director, CSIR-CCMB will be final and binding.
3. Age relaxation Age relaxation as per CSIR/Govt. of India guidelines. Age will be calculated as on the last date of receipt of online applications.
4. Awaiting result/ Pursuing degree Those candidates who are still pursuing/ awaiting result for their degree M.Sc./ B.Tech./ PhD or any other qualification for the above post(s) as on the date of application will not be considered.
5. Eligibility criterion Candidate should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage
6. Experience The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications prescribed for that post.
7. Selection procedure The selection will be on the basis of interview.
8. Result / Panel for waitlisted candidate Based upon the performance of candidates in the interview, result of selected candidates against the number of post available in the project for each post code, will be declared and posted on CCMB website. A panel of waitlisted candidates in order of merit will also be formed for each post code, which will be valid for one year. The panel may be operated on the recommendation of Project Investigator for meeting out any future requirement in the project arises due to resignation of incumbent/ non-joining of selected candidates/ further unforeseen/urgent requirement of project manpower for the same position in same project.
9. Engagement The engagement shall be initially for a short duration based on availability of funds which may be extended or curtailed based on the conduct and the performance of the incumbent as well as requirement of the institute. However, the engagement will not be beyond the tenure of the project and shall expire automatically on the expiry of project tenure, in which candidate has been selected. The engagement under projects does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
10. Leave The incumbent would not be entitled to any kind of regular leave. However, they would be allowed for one-day Leave for each completed month.
11. TA/DA No TA/ DA admissible for attending test/interview, joining the position.
12. Office timings/ Working hours The incumbent is required to perform the assigned duties during working hours i.e. from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on working days. The incumbent will not be allowed to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement. He /She may be required to work on Saturday/Sunday/other Gazetted holidays and beyond working hours also if need be.
13. Tax deduction at source The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment.
14. Confidentiality of data and documents The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as the deliverables produced for the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of this assignment or during the course of assignment for the office, without the express written consent of the office. The incumbent shall be bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the Office before the expiryof the contract, and before the final payment is released by the office.
15. Termination of Service The performance of project personnel would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be terminated. The engagement may be terminated at any time by the office without assigning any reasons by giving a one month notice. In case, the person desires to leave the assignment, he/she may also do so by giving one month notice or payment of one month stipend in lieu of, which can be condoned/ curtailed/ extended depending upon the discretionof the Competent Authority.
16 DISCLAIMER Candidates who are applying for any of the above post shall ensure that they fulfill the essential qualifications. If they apply without fulfilling the essential qualifications then it will be considered that they are giving wrong/misleading information. The ONUS OF THIS ACTION WILL BE ON THE CANDIDATE and not on the Institute. In case they are found not fulfilling the essential criteria or that they have provided misleading information, then their candidature for the post may be rejected at any stage of selection or after selection. 17 Disqualification Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
Day/ Date/ Time/ Venue : Thursday/ August 04, 2022/ 10.30 AM/ CSIR–CCMB, Habsiguda, Hyderabad
See All Other Jobs in our Database