ICMR-National Institute of Malaria Research was established in 1977 as Malaria Research Centre, which was renamed as National Institute of Malaria Research in November 2005. ICMR-NIMR is one of the institutes of the Indian Council of Medical Research an autonomous body under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Post : Scientist C (Non Medical)
Project Title : “Global Research Program on Importable Infectious Diseases”
Parasite–Host Biology Group at ICMR-National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) Dwarka, New Delhi has entered into an international collaborative research agreement with Tropical Infectious Disease Laboratory (TIDCL) at Ajou University, South Korea. The global research program is funded by National Research Foundation, South Korea and has been approved by the Health Ministry Screening Committee (HMSC), Govt. of India. This project aims to collaboratively conduct research work on importable infectious diseases specifically focusing on the development of novel diagnostic tools for malaria.
No. of Vacancies : 01-UR
• Candidate should possess 1st class Masters Degree in Life Science from a recognized university with 4 years experience OR 2nd class M.Sc + Ph.D degree in relevant subjects from a recognized university with 4 years experience.
• Ph.D degree with three years’ post doctoral research experience in malaria parasite biology.
• Should have sound knowledge of protein biochemistry of malaria parasite with good publication record.
• Capable of conceiving new research ideas leading to fundable research projects.
• Proven administrative and/or project management skills
• Experience in supervision of research teams, students or other staff members.
• Strong analytical, excellent writing and verbal skills.
• The ability to understand and interpret complex research and scientific projects, and to communicate key messages to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Should be willing to undertake field studies as and when required.
Age : Up to 40 years
Nature of Duties :
• Carrying out experimental research work related to the global research program on importable infectious diseases.
• Designing of experiments and tools to develop novel diagnostic tools for malaria (aptamer and peptide/ protein-based).
• Writing of progress reports, manuscripts for publication
• Project administrative management
• Coordinating the knowledge sharing between Indian and Korean scientists.
• Conceiving new research ideas based on the outcomes of the current project to translate this opportunity into a long-term mutual collaboration.
Consolidated Emoluments : INR 51,000/- + HRA
Tenure : One year (extendable based on performance)
Place of work : ICMR- National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR), Dwarka, New Delhi
PROCEDURE FOR RECRUITMENT:
1) Candidates meeting the age criteria and possessing the required qualifications, experience, etc. can fill the Application Form through link onlineapply.nimr.org.in/. Online link for submission of Application Form will be available up to 05:00 PM by 01st Aug 2021 after that the link will disable automatically.
2) In case number of applications will be high, only shortlisted candidates will be called for Walk-in Interview.
3) The shortlisted candidates will be informed regarding interview at NIMR, Delhi via email.
4) Candidates have to submit the duly self attested copies of proof of their age, educational qualifications, experiences, testimonials etc. at the time of joining, if selected.
5) Selected candidates have to bring all the documents as mentioned above in Original while joining.
NOTE : Shortlisted candidates will be informed about interview through e-mail.
Other terms and conditions for applications are given here under :
1) Incomplete applications or not submitted in prescribed format or without photo and signature or received after last date shall be summarily rejected.
2) Submission of incorrect or false information shall disqualify the candidature at any stage
3) Since the posts are purely on temporary basis, no benefit of Provident Fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical, etc. will be available to the appointee.
4) Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of receipt of Application Form.
5) The Director, NIMR has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
6) The Director, NIMR reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per requirement.
7) The Director, NIMR reserves right to fill up or not fill up any of the post advertised on website.
8) Canvassing and bringing outside influence in any form for short listing or employment will be treated as disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from selection process
9) Bad connection/ connection failure from any side will NOT be the responsibility of the NIMR.
10) Selected candidates have to sign an agreement of contractual appointment with NIMR.
11) Any addendum/ corrigendum in respect of above vacancy notice shall be issued on the NIMR website nimr.org.in and no separate notification shall be issued in the print media. Applicants are requested to regularly visit the website: nimr.org.in so as to keep them updated. 12) Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed institution / organization recognized by relevant authority.
13) Mere fulfilling the essential qualification / experience does not guarantee selection.
14) The position is contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
15) The post is filled-up purely on temporary basis and contractual basis & the candidate will have no right to claim for any type of Permanent Employment under ICMR-NIMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
16) The advertisement and the application link is available on website main.icmr.nic.in/and https://nimr.icmr.org.in/.
17) The panel of reserve candidates will be valid for one year.
Note : The following Preventive measures are to be adhered strictly by the candidates appearing for walk-in-interview on the scheduled date and time to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) inside the premises and during recruitment process:
(a) Wearing of face cover is compulsory.
(b) Spitting in public & work place shall be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations by the State/UT local authority.
(c) Social distancing shall be followed by all persons in public places and in transport.
(d) Provision for thermal screening, hand wash and sanitizer shall be made at all entry and exist points and common areas.
(e) Use of ArogyaSetu App is mandatory.
(f) Large physical gathering at one place should be avoided.
(g) As much as possible candidates should avoid using other’s phones, desk, offices or other work tools and equipment. Clean and disinfect them before and after use.
(h) Loitering and crowding in corridors should be avoided and people should maintain distance.
SCHEDULE FOR WALK-IN- INTERVIEW/PERSONAL DISCUSSION
Date and time of Interview : 03.08.2021 From 09:30 am to 10:30 am
Venue of Interview : NIMR, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi.
See All Other Jobs in our Database