The National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, is a leading research Institute in India with a long-standing reputation for scientific excellence. The institute is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure for pursuing research in immunology and allied sciences. The Institute also imparts vigorous long-term research training leading to a Ph.D degree.
Post : Research Associate (One position only)
Name of the project & Duration of the Project : Project entitled “A novel vaccine evaluation platform to support SARS-CoV-2 vaccine development in resource-limiting settings” funded by BIRAC
Educational Qualifications : PhD in life sciences preferably in Molecular biology / Virology with good academic record. Candidate should have demonstarted aptitude in terms of publications in peer reviewed journals.
Emoluments : The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per Institute Rules, depending upon qualifications & experience. Rs. 47,000 + 24% HRA (As per DST OM dated 30.01.2019)
Job description & Desired Knowledge
The selected candidate is expected to work on developing the platform for evaluation of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine in animal models in BSL-2 settings. Most of the work will utilize animal models, cell lines and development of pseudo viruses. Interested candidate should have basic concepts of molecular biology and viral immunology and expected to have skills in animal research.
• Hands-on experience in Cloning, protein purification, virus propagation, FACS and ELISA is required.
General Terms & Conditions
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. Hostel/housing facility may be provided to the female candidates.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of interviews. Interview of shortlisted candidates will be held online through video conferencing. 6. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete CV, contact details and three recommendation letters. All the necessary documents should be send as one PDF file. The PDF file should be named as – ‘Name of applicant_Position applied’.
Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
Name of the Project Investigator : Dr. Nimesh Gupta ; email@example.com
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 22nd July, 2021
PS: Due to outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the Interview will be held through Online mode only. Please mention your valid email ID while applying for the above position.
See All Other Jobs in our Database