Work as Executive/Manager in Business Development at USP
USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Post : Executive/Manager, Business Development - USP Education
This non-supervisory position drives marketing and promotion efforts of USP Education’s new training institute initiative. The position is USP’s sales lead for the courses of the Training Institute. The position has the primary responsibility of ensuring enrollment from industry and students to USP’s training courses under the umbrella of USP Education - Training Institute initiative.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Marketing and promotion:
• Work with the Strategic Marketing team to develop and execute a marketing and promotion campaign for Training courses under the umbrella of USP’s Training Institute
• Drive development of promotional material by working with agencies and PR firms (internally coordinating with Global Communications and Promotional Material Review Committee)
• Continually gather intelligence on existing offerings and, importantly, offerings under development in the market
• Support Strategic Marketing team to monitor industry response to the Training courses and our promotion of the same
• Manage student registration process, ensuring smooth customer experience for new students
Sales and Strategic Customer Development:
• Drive sales and promotion of Training courses, for fresh graduates/post graduates, at Hyderabad site, to ensure student in-take from industry (B to B) and students (B to C) intake from universities by working with companies and Colleges of pharmacy, College associations to achieve annual enrollment targets
• When Training sites are operational in other parts of India, drive sales and promotion of Training courses for Fresh graduates/Post graduates, at such sites
• Drive sales and promotion of Training courses for experienced professionals from pharmaceutical companies (B to B) in India to achieve annual enrollment targets
• Work closely with decision makers and influencers from different pharma companies in India to understand their specific requirements of the Training Courses for fresh graduates/Post graduates, evaluate and propose those requirements internally, and work with the Training Institute lead in India to offer customized models, where possible, to such companies
• Work closely with USP’s existing sales team for Reference Standards and Education to understand attitudes and preferences of existing connects, reaching those connects, and developing new connects to drive the Training courses
• Work with Instructional design firms and USP Faculty/SMEs to support efforts to enhance course material and plan for development of new courses/material
• Work closely with Operations leads, project managers and representatives from different departments at local site(s) of the Training Programs to ensure streamlined registration and positive participant experience
• Function as the key POC between industry/universities that send participants and USP. Seek feedback on courses and participant experience, and drive recommendations internally for continual improvement of participant experience
• Report course schedule, projected and actual attendance and revenue, and customer satisfaction data regularly to US Operations staff
Strategy and Business Development:
• Support strategy and business model development efforts for the training initiative in India and abroad
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business
• 5-7 years of work experience out of which a significant portion is in driving sales for training institutes/technical training centers/continual education centers
• Basic understanding of the pharma industry
• Demonstrable acumen in promoting new programs to senior leadership at target customer base
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
• Self-starter with high levels of motivation and proven record of executing new business plans
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work on global teams
• Experience in promoting training programs to customers from the pharma industry
• A MBA or equivalent education
• Bias to action and results driven with examples of successful outcomes
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities in an environment of change.
• Strong attention to detail and continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people at distributed locations.
• Combined education in science and business highly desired.
• Ability to gain customer confidence and establish relationships; Strong empathy for customers.
• Global mindset
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : B.Sc, MBA
Location : Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Tracking Code : 1446-679
Functional Area : Business Development
End Date : 30th July, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database