Job Opening for M.Pharm, M.Sc as Scientist under Union Public Service Commission - Salary upto Rs 1,77,500 per month
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's central agency authorised to conduct the Civil Services Examination, Indian Forest Service examination, Engineering Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, National Defence Academy Examination, Naval Academy Examination, Combined Medical Services Examination, Special Class Railway Apprentice, Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, and Central Armed Police Forces(Assistant Commandant) Examination.
Post : Scientist B (Toxicology)
Vacancy Number : 19070704213
Ministry/Administration : Ministry of Home Affairs
Department/Office : Directorate of Forensic Science Services
Organisation : Central Forensic Science Laboratory
Pay Scale : Level – 10 (Rs.56,100 – 1,77,500/-) in Pay Matrix as per CCS (R.P.) Rules, 2016. (Total emoluments excluding T.A. & HRA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs. 56,100/- plus DA as applicable per month).
Essential Qualificaiton (s)
Master’s Degree in Chemistry / AIC by examination / Biochemistry / Pharmacology / Pharmacy / Forensic Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects at Bachelor of Science level from a recognized University.
Three years experience of analytical methods and research therein in the field of Toxicology in any Central Government or State Government organization or recognized research institute or Forensic Science Laboratory under the Central or State Government.
Note-1: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Desirable Qualificaiton (s) : Experience of working in a Forensic Science Laboratory.
Duty(ies) : Crime Scene Management, Crime Case Examination, bestow expert testimony/de’facto in the courts of law on subject matter under the provision of Cr. P.C. and Indian Evidence Act/Information Technology Act, R&D activities on Forensic Activities and imparting training in their respective field of forensic specialization to the trainees from different investigating agencies / forensic science labs and other organizations.
Probation : ONE YEAR
Head Quarter : Head Quarter is at New Delhi with Laboratories at Kolkata, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Bhopal, Guwahati & Pune. In connection with performing his duties the officer may be required to serve in any part of India.
Other Details : General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial. The post is permanent.
1. Before filling up the Online Recruitment Application (ORA), the candidates must go through the detailed Advertisement available on the Commission's website. Please proceed to fill the online application only if you are satisfied that you possess the minimum Essential Qualifications stipulated for the post in the detailed advertisement. Otherwise, submitted application(s) shall be outrightly rejected.
2. The date for determining the eligibility of all the candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of Online Recruitment Application (ORA), unless specified otherwise.
3. The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars in the Online Recruitment Application carefully as submission of wrong information may lead to rejection through computer based short-listing apart from debarment by the Commission.
4. The candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail address in the online application as any Correspondence will be made by the Commission through e-mail only. The candidates are also advised to refer to website of the Commission for regular updates of the recruitment cases.
5. The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for a particular post. However, if they submit multiple Online Recruitment Applications for one post, then they must ensure that the Online Recruitment Application with the higher 'Application Number' is complete in all respects including fee, wherever applicable. The applicants, who submit multiple Online Recruitment Applications, should note that only the Online Recruitment Application with higher 'Application Number' shall be considered by the Commission and fee paid against one 'Application Number' shall not be adjusted against any other 'Application Number'.
6. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
7. The candidates are not required to send the printouts of their online applications to the Commission. However, the Application will not be treated as finally submitted unless and until it is available under 'My Finally Submitted Application' Tab before the closing date and time. Please retain a print out of your finally submitted online application (complete with Payment Details, if not fee-exempted applicant) as a proof of submission of your application to the Commission, whenever required.
8. All candidates whether in Government service or in Government owned industrial or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online directly to the Commission. Persons already in Regular Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity other than casual/adhoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis would be required to submit a declaration, whenever asked by the commission, that they had informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department while applying for this selection.
9. The candidates belonging to OBC (Creamy Layer), i.e., who have marked their Creamy Layer status as 'YES' in ORA are not entitled to reservation admissible to OBC candidates and they will be treated at par with "UNRESERVED (UR)" candidates. Similarly, benefits of reservation to OBC/SC/ST category will be admissible only when post is reserved for them. If post is not reserved for their respective category, they can apply against unreserved vacancy and in such case they will be treated at par with "UNRESERVED (UR)" candidates for all the purposes.
10. The prescribed Essential Qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for recruitment test/interview.
Central Forensic Science Laboratory
Lodhi Rd, Block 4, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
See All Other Jobs in our Database